DIY Manual Pedalbox 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: DIY Manual Pedalbox
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Recently I've seen manual pedalboxes go for some ridiculous prices (particularly EF/EL ones), so armed with a bit of knowledge, and some basic welding skills, and possibly less than $50 in parts (provided you shop around), you should be able to turn out one yourself.
The design I describe, has now done around 5000 kms, and works well.

Modding an auto pedalbox isn't a new idea, but you might find the strength aspects better than the 'factory' design.

http://members.dodo.com.au/~algis/index6.htm

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Not a bad idea.

I was looking over a an x-series auto pedal box the other week. I have an EA clutch pedal and it looks like all you would need is a large bolt, a metal plate to spread the load and a few welds to hold it together. When I was mocking it up it was looking like a hobo version of a mal wood clutch pin.

Havent fitted it together yet though so not sure it works, but if it does it is a very easy way to do it.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Nice! Can we publish this as a Fordmods Doco ?

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
I was looking over a an x-series auto pedal box the other week. I have an EA clutch pedal and it looks like all you would need is a large bolt, a metal plate to spread the load and a few welds to hold it together. When I was mocking it up it was looking like a hobo version of a mal wood clutch pin.
Mark, is there much difference between an XF clutch pedal and an E series one??
I can't say I've ever seen any clutch pedal part numbers - if it was 87DA-xxx it would mean EA onwards, but if it was 86DA and earlier, they're probably the same.
I've only XH experience, and the pedalbox is an EF/EL unit.

Waggin wrote:
Of course Brad. I don't think Greg has published http://members.dodo.com.au/~algis/index5.htm either.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
Mark, is there much difference between an XF clutch pedal and an E series one??
I can't say I've ever seen any clutch pedal part numbers - if it was 87DA-xxx it would mean EA onwards, but if it was 86DA and earlier, they're probably the same.
I've only XH experience, and the pedalbox is an EF/EL unit.

Waggin wrote:
Of course Brad. I don't think Greg has published http://members.dodo.com.au/~algis/index5.htm either.

just done this one .. now with Waggin to upload! Will get to the other one soonish!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]