EA-ED bodykits 

Page 8 of 8 [ 117 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject: Re: EA-ED bodykits
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

ratman wrote:
I looked at so many kits when I bought XR8 but settled on what was known as the GS kit - now called the MMM. It was a development of the blown XF that was built for Mobil but I reckon it flowed better on the E series body.

In about '93 they released the front spoiler minus the spotty recesses - looks ok too.
I kept the standard XR8 wing rather than something on posts, looks sharper imo.

Had to fit a twin system on it after I built the new engine so it still needs some work to build a small return lip and neaten up the bigger hole.

It is a big kit though, front / rear aprons, side skirts + lower door panels to each door.
Here's a few shots from all the angles.

why does it have an SVO sticker?

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

Why is it that everytime someone has something that isn't ment to be you have a go at them.
It has a svo sticker cos it has a svo sticker. Just cos you have one and his isn't one dosnt mean s**t.
I have a tickford badge on my s pack. But like I give a s**t what anyone thinks. It looks good..
Ps I reckon his car is s**t hot and way nicer then yours. Your probs just jelous.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

if it has something SVO then it's okay. but i don't see anything SVO

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:

why does it have an SVO sticker?

im throwing my 2c worth in..
im going to ask why you have wildeb plates and a white garnish??

is it because you can???

thats probably the same reason he may have an svo sticker on his car! because he can!!!

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the plates are also my name and a colour coded boot garnish is something ford should of done factory

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

my point is, that you did these things because you like it that way? yea..

well he may have put svo on his garnish because he likes it that way...

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

it is a nice car though :D

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
I was thinking the same about the MMM kit car, the wing kills it, I've seen a few BA's in similar dress, fat azz kit, and no wing. It looks too wierd, like a big fat person with a shaved head!

If you want a XR6/8 rear lip I can probably round one up for you (I do have one but it's back In Alice springs, it's of a XR8, it's white and has all the bolts in it. Let me know man.

I was talkin about the EA GT yeah EA! (the purple one a few pages back, has GT 351 up the side.
The EB is sexy though, except the pointless bonnet bump, I've seen number 277 I think it was, with 2500 k's on the clock, it still has original tyres and you can hear the weather seals "crack" as you open the door! I stood there for a minit when I fist spotted it thinking "am I looking at what I think I'm looking at?"
yes, automotive erotica.
I just want some!
LOL

Yeah I remember the EA GT. They did a write up about it in wheels magazine back in 1990 or something. If memory serves correctly, at one stage it was going to the crusher but a heap of people jumped up and down and now its at the discovery centre in broadmeadows or somethen. Was a nice car. I didn't mind the top of the range Moffat GTHO back in 94. That thing looked good. Was a cross between an XR and a GT with a loonier wing. I think Homologated Options was behind that one. The EB GT doesnt look right to me without that scoop. It does nothing to contribute to the overall go of the car but if it wasnt there it would look like something is missing. Its definately the best lookin thing Ford put out for a hell of a long time, probably since the XB 2 door. The thing with the EB was that it looked like it was styled by a group of people that were pushing in the same direction, with an overall look that they were after. The XR's, the EL GT and theAU series were done as if they were being designed by comitee and see how it looks at the end. The EB just looked right, not overdone, not underdone, just right. And thats why I want one. The TS50 T3 looked pretty fat too...AU's done right look mean as hell. And you dont need no stupid quad headlight bumper to do it either.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

I didn't know they were gonna crush it at some stage, but the car is now in the ford museum in Geelong.

Even just sitting in it was a rush haha.

You can certainly see the slow evolution of the car shape from xr to bf. And I agree they had it right with the ea-ed's and the coupes. I don't mind the xw-xy and xd too.

They slowly did go wrong dropping the V8 for a bit (and not venturing more into turbos!)and failed supreme with the au I reckon, although they did manage a few decent versions.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

dazza027 wrote:
The big thing about boxcars that gets me is that people go spastic putting flares and skirts and big front bars, then they put the stock xr8 wing on and its just totally out of proportion. If youre going for the big fat kit, put a big fat wing on, that white car on the previous page has a lovely kit, but the little dovetail spoiler is way to small, he should sell that doevtail spoiler to meeee and buy a EB GT wing.
And I agree about the EB GT orgasm thing, about 10 years ago I test drove one with at least 450hp, and that one drive was enough for me to put one on the top of the 'I must buy when I win lotto' list. EB GT's are automotive sex. And I want some lol.

Everyone keeps saying to take my GT wing off, i did once. It looked F ing stupid.

Looked like a person with huge fat legs and hips, but a tiny torso and head. :/

But I really want a Moffat HO rear wing. I love their shape. more then the GT wing.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I don't reckon the GT kit looks right without the rear wing. Which doesn't look huge until you get up close, or look out the back window thru your rear vision mirror, then you realize how big the wing is.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

johnson kit looks ace

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 8  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8