Fordmods Logo

FUSE BOX MELTED ~! Whats The Easiest Way to Replace it? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: FUSE BOX MELTED ~! Whats The Easiest Way to Replace it?
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: 04BA XR8 & 06Territory Ghia

VIC, Australia

Help~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok my CRT LP fuse keeps blowing and melted earlier tonight, hopefully hasn't done any damage to wires.

I am thinking it might be the Roof Light causeing all the problems, where the sunroof keeps opening and closing.............blew 2 fuses, took out globe from roof light, replcaed fuse, locked car, went inside....................2 mins later.........car alarm going off, smoke coming from fuse box, fuse melted to the s**t.

Have an EB with smart lock.................this is hte fuse box on the drivers side near stearing column..............

Anyone ever had this problem before or have any suggestions as to why it might of just melted fuse .................

Thanks in anticipation of answers guys ................... :)

Ok well had a look at it today and it appears it has melted some of the wires behind the fuse box as even without the fuse in it the car starts, but we have the battery light on all the time weather keys in car or not and abs light keeps coming on whilst ignition switched off, so looks like we will have to now replace the fuse box, any one know an easy way to get the thing out ???

Any suggestions welcome ~!!!

Any Auto Elcs out there that know easy soloution apart form a match ..............lol

Cheers

Post subject: Re: FUSE BOX MELTED ~! Whats The Easiest Way to Replace it?
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:00 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I have done a few Fords and they are usually fairly easy to replace.Disconnect the battery negative terminal.I am assuming you would undo the 2/3/4 screws holding the fusebox in place.Draw a diagram of where all the plugs go.There is a 10 mm nut holding a large battery wire in place,this has to be removed.Buy a new or 2nd hand fusebox,fit all the plugs and cables you removed and refit the fusebox.Or you could just cut the burnt/melted wires going to the fusebox and join them to an aftermarket fuseholder.Plus you have to find the short circuit whch caused all the problems in the 1st place.Removing the bulb did nothing because there is still power going to the bulb holder and should be fairly easy to find though it may have melted the wiring harness and the obvious damage is where the wires are exposed to oxygen.Anyway need more help just ask.Cheers Kevman :)

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF Fairmont AU Falcon FG XR6

VIC, Australia

this has happen to me i was driving along at night time and smoke started coming from the fusebox crt lp fuse had melted into the fuse box ive lost dash lights and taillights it seems the a brown wire from the back of the fusebox has melted aswell

i still have not fixed the problem yet i would not know where to start any fuses i put in there they blow but i dont understand why the last one didnt blow it just melted

My Fairmont

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

unless you can get a screw driver in behind the fuse box to undo the screws?(the fuse panel is screwed from behind)
you may need to remove or atleast pull the whole dash back enough to get to the screws.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]