low coolant light flashes continuosly 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: low coolant light flashes continuosly
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au1 V8 1 tonne poverty pac ute

QLD, Australia

I have fitted a series 2 xr instrument cluster to my au1 ford, have modified the wiring so that everything works, however I am unable to get the low coolant light to stop flashing, I have fitted a new sensor and have also bridged the plug for the sensor to no avail, have not worried about it until now when I noticed the level of coolant was down and took a couple of litres to top up due to a small split in the heater hose, mostly luck that I was not sitting on the side of the road with an overheated motor, does anybody know of a mod for the wiring to the instument cluster to solve this problem

Don't force it, use a Bigger hammer

Post subject: Re: low coolant light flashes continuosly
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

So it has the sensor in the header tank? My fairmonts light flashes becausr I put a new gli header tank in and havent bothered with the sensor yet

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yes it has the sensor in the header tank which I have replaced but has not solved the problem, the xr instrument cluster from the au2 fits in the au1 but you have to do a few wiring mods to get it working correctly ( eg right hand blinker, some of the warning lights ect) I have found some info on fordmods and I think I may have to run the wire that goes to pin 3 on rhs to pin 5 on rhs on the rear of the cluster, i will give it a go and post the result, nope that didnt work!
bry40l wrote:
So it has the sensor in the header tank? My fairmonts light flashes becausr I put a new gli header tank in and havent bothered with the sensor yet

Last edited by gotta luv a v8 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Just as a matter of interest the following wires have to be moved around on the left hand connector which goes on the side with 28 pins for the mid to high series (XR) instrument cluster to function properly in the au1 low series
1. The park lamp dail ( + positive ) illumination needs to be moved from pin13 to pin 2 (brown wire)
2. The dial negative dimmer illumination needs to be moved from pin21 to pin 3 (light blue/red)
3.The ABS warning light wire needs to be moved from pin 8 to pin 23 (orange/black)
4. The right hand side indicatorwire needs to be moved from pin 19 to pin 26 (white/light blue)
Also the oil pressure switch needs to be changed with a oil pressure sender so the oil pressure gauge works. Whilst I take no responsibility I have made these changes from instructions received when I purchased an au2 xr instrument cluster for my au1 1tonne ute so the au2 xr tickford cluster will and does function correctly, only problem is the flashing coolant light that I will try to remedy as per my previous post. PS(no need to cut any wires, just splice a wire into them and run a connector to slip over the pins as they are unused)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]