Fordmods Logo

VCT Conversion 

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

No ISC as yet (very observent of you). I won't need a VCT ECU to drive the VCT mechanism, I am just going to hang it across the BBM output.
I think there is gain to be had by fitting the tickford head (HP or VCT) There is a noticable difference in the chamber from the standard head.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

twason wrote:
I am unable to verify that all series one ECU will work with smartlock, if that is not the case then I need the BEM and locks from a smartshield car and I need ford to set them up to work. This is where it has got too hard at the moment.

Find yourself a real goody sparky, the one i use has a scanner that talks to the ECU and BCM and can reprogram them. When I needed a new key for mine, Ford wanted $280 to suplly and program, $150 just to program. It ended up costing me $8 for a new key from Ebay, 18 for the locksmith to cut it and my sparky reprogrammed it for me for free :).

Given it runs from the first of the AU, i would assume it will be smartlock not sheild.

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

macxr8 wrote:

Given it runs from the first of the AU, i would assume it will be smartlock not sheild.
Thats the problem, without trying it I won't know if it works in smartlock so its not a given, and its not a matter of plugging it into the EF loom and trying it, it is a fair bit of wiring changes to do it.

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

may 99 onwards is AUI Update....
Smartsheild :P

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
Yes, but is the AU series 1 ECU capable of doing both Smartlock and Smartshield or is it one or the other?

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

twason wrote:
BenJ wrote:
So at the moment you have the non VCT AU engine in and are changing to the VCT head? Are you running a Ford ECU or using an aftermarket ECU?

This sounds intersting. Looking forward to the progress info.

BenJ
Correct, as for the ECU I am going to install it and connect it to the BBM output to see how it behaves at idle and low rpm, if OK then thats it otherwise I will add in an RPM switch to kill it again below 1800 RPM.

If you use either the BBM output of the RPM switch does that save the hassles of integrating the AU wiring into the EF?

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

twason wrote:
No ISC as yet (very observent of you). I won't need a VCT ECU to drive the VCT mechanism, I am just going to hang it across the BBM output.
I think there is gain to be had by fitting the tickford head (HP or VCT) There is a noticable difference in the chamber from the standard head.
Here is how I have mounted the ISC it is neat and out of the way.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
twason wrote:
BenJ wrote:
So at the moment you have the non VCT AU engine in and are changing to the VCT head? Are you running a Ford ECU or using an aftermarket ECU?

BenJ
Correct, as for the ECU I am going to install it and connect it to the BBM output to see how it behaves at idle and low rpm, if OK then thats it otherwise I will add in an RPM switch to kill it again below 1800 RPM.

If you use either the BBM output of the RPM switch does that save the hassles of integrating the AU wiring into the EF?
Now its running I don't think its worth doing anything more than using the BBM output to be honest, works good from idle to redline no need to cut it below 1800. No need to do the AU ECU conversion to get this.

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

twason wrote:
Here is how I have mounted the ISC it is neat and out of the way.

Nice neat job - thumbs up for thinking outside the box. I wouldn't have thought to put the hose fittings into it!

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

twason wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
twason wrote:
BenJ wrote:

BenJ

Now its running I don't think its worth doing anything more than using the BBM output to be honest, works good from idle to redline no need to cut it below 1800. No need to do the AU ECU conversion to get this.

So all up it's fairly easy to do then - just change the heads over and then connect the VCT to the BBPM output?

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
twason wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
twason wrote:
BenJ wrote:

BenJ

So all up it's fairly easy to do then - just change the heads over and then connect the VCT to the BBPM output?
Yep. Just need all the parts.

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

twason wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
Yes, but is the AU series 1 ECU capable of doing both Smartlock and Smartshield or is it one or the other?

The Smartshield PCM has a different part no. to the Smartlock one. I see you are happy with the results but if you needed to fit the AU VCT PCM, you would need one with a part number of RWR2T-12A650-Dx, where x is any letter from A to D. The variation in the last letter corresponds to the flash revision level AFAIK, you can get any and they will work or can be flashed to -DD spec. This is the Smartlock, VCT, manual part no, auto's are -FA through -FE. The corresponding catch codes for the manual PCM's are WTDA through WTDD.

The VCT PCM you have ATM shouid be RWR2T-12A650-NA or -NB (WTNA or WTNB) for a manual. If it's coded RWR2T-12A650-PA through -PC (WTPA through WTPC) it's for an autobox. If you have an autobox one, we need to talk!

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sly wrote:
twason wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:

The Smartshield PCM has a different part no. to the Smartlock one. I see you are happy with the results but if you needed to fit the AU VCT PCM, you would need one with a part number of RWR2T-12A650-Dx, where x is any letter from A to D. The variation in the last letter corresponds to the flash revision level AFAIK, you can get any and they will work or can be flashed to -DD spec. This is the Smartlock, VCT, manual part no, auto's are -FA through -FE. The corresponding catch codes for the manual PCM's are WTDA through WTDD.

The VCT PCM you have ATM shouid be RWR2T-12A650-NA or -NB (WTNA or WTNB) for a manual. If it's coded RWR2T-12A650-PA through -PC (WTPA through WTPC) it's for an autobox. If you have an autobox one, we need to talk!
Thanks Sly for this priceless information, I will check what numbers I have but it is a manual ECU that I know. BTW the catch code I have is WTLB - I assume non VCT XR6.

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well the part number is WR2T-12A650-LB - any idea if it is smartlock or shield?

GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Will an AU VCT head fit on an EL motor? I know I'd need the head from gasket up and tappet cover down, but it would fit fine right?

rgds

Frank

Last edited by frankieh on Fri May 16, 2008 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next