Fordmods Logo

ABS issue with 2003 Falcon wagon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: ABS issue with 2003 Falcon wagon
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BA wagon

QLD, Australia

Just a heads up here with an issue with ABS was ongoing for some years with my BA wagon, absolutely no one or machine could find an error code why the warning light was intermittent and the only time regardless of braking conditions I would hear banging like sounds emanating from the front was in extremely steep conditions like a steep driveway, everything checked out fine including replacing rotors calliper over haul and Bendix ceramic pads along with master cylinder from control arm bushes replaced sensors bearings drop links ball joints including rack replacement along with shocks fitted with King springs and in general anything that moved.

The up shot is this: about a month ago the light came on and is now on permanent and I am ecstatic it is, the pump has died and the brakes are excellent without any thumping from steep braking and in general I enjoy a full peddle, The whole braking system is in as new condition and I bleed the system every six months, in general the car is a joy to drive and stops incredible, I'm old school way before ABS came along and Falcon brakes back in the day had a lot to be desired but not in the BA, the brakes are way better than before and I know from years of experience with inefficient brakes when not to lock up wheels in emergency situations, so I am keeping the car till I drive no more and the ABS light can keep glowing bright.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]