Fordmods Logo

After market BTR 4-speed auto gear replacement & transpak 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Damage wrote:
Has anyone here actually driven a car fitted with a TH700 for big drive, not just the seat of the pants drive for a day around a city etc, the ratios are f**k, yeah first and second is heaps lower than a BTR auto, but the gap between 2nd and 3rd is scary.

Drive one on the hwy for a long time and see what I mean, my old work supplied me with a VTII V6 wagon for a work car, it was like new before I got to it :twisted: , around town first and second is good, but when you have ratios that make it kick back to 2nd at around 100kmh because it has no real balls it scared the f**k out of me each time trying to overtake someone and the speed didnt increase, many a time I would just pull back in because of this.
Maybe with the 4.0L have more torque and the fact you would need a aftermarket controler for the TH700 (unless it was the older VN/VP auto) you might be able to control the auto from kicking back at stupid speeds.

Anyone thought of doing a ZF 6 speed auto conversion yet?

thats right.....they did come with the commohore. I'm to familiar with the commy's unnecessary kick downs. they're s**t, but what about a long stroke 6 or V8.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Damage wrote:
Anyone thought of doing a ZF 6 speed auto conversion yet?

yep but it would cost more than a tremec t56 upgrade with twin plate brass button clutch n ,lightened flywheel :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: th700
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

u do not want the th700 because all my mates got there th700 rebuilt and now the overrun seal is blown and they are all losing power to the wheels and they only have 150kws at the wheels and one of them have lost 3rd in 4th gears if u want the strength then the th400 is the way to go but it is only three speed but can handle a lot more with a freshin up the internal with newer materials and do the valve body they r good for about 700hp but if u went nuts on it u could handle over 1000hp all parts for them is at www.summitracing.com that is were it is at and it has prices for a rough estimate of what it cost

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2