Fordmods Logo

After wheel spacers. 

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

With spacers, the weight of the car is suspended on the studs, rather than the hub where is should be. Theres a good chance your going to break the studs eventually.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

One thing to bear in mind is when you stack the car in a new merc and the insurance evaluator guy is looking thinking... gee this guys just smashed up over a hundred grands worth of cars... oh look, wheel spacers... didnt tell us he had them on the car... no longer insured...

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

VIC, Australia

CHEF wrote:
One thing to bear in mind is when you stack the car in a new merc and the insurance evaluator guy is looking thinking... gee this guys just smashed up over a hundred grands worth of cars... oh look, wheel spacers... didnt tell us he had them on the car... no longer insured...

My tip is it would take all of about five minutes to remove the spacers before anyone took a look at the car.

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

what if your in hospital? and the car gets towed to the holding yard?

Its just reality, insurance companies dont like paying out

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

A friend of mine was insured by NRMA she drove a VTs1 wagon after fitting a VT clubby kit and custom fiberglass bonnet with Evo scoops 17 x8 vy rims advising the insurance company of all mods.

She had been run into the rear by a car went through all the BS to fix it and after 3 months she got backed into the front by a P plater put in her claim and got a phone from her insurer telling her that the claim will be paid but the policy is now cancelled because of the bonnet has holes in it.

The policy had only 2 weeks left she argued over it but thats the scum insurance companies.

Other people I know have the same insurance company for years and when they claim they get there policies cancelled due to not advising the company of previous fines , changes or any other little things so they don't have to pay. They are the same as police if they want to book you you are gone.

Darren

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yep, its so true... any little thing they can find to get them out of paying you...

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

AU-MUSTD wrote:
CHEF wrote:

My tip is it would take all of about five minutes to remove the spacers before anyone took a look at the car.

What if the spacers caused the accident???? How would you change the wheels then?????

What if the police take your car as evidence?? What then???

I think it would also take a lot longer than 5 minutes to jack every wheel up, undo all the nuts, remove the spacers, replace the nuts, and lower the car........four times?????? Particularly when the other driver is standing there with a very puzzled look on their face, wondering what the hell you are doing.

If it's illegal, DON'T DO IT.

If it makes your insurance void, DON'T DO IT.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well all you insurance reps sound like you all drive like the typical tailgating C**k stains l see every morning on the roads. And for you guys insurance is the be all and end all.( I just slammed you up the a** mate but she's cool i've got insurance) If i'm involved in a smash l know it's not going to be my fault as i dont drive around like i'm in a rush and l still have some now un common courtesy so dont need insurance. I'm sure if you hit me up the a** your insurance isnt going to say but look he's got spacers!!

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

LOL... thanks for the laughs brother

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Christ, there are alot of cars with these now, get off his back ffs lol! :lol: :lol:
I may not agree 100% with whats been said, but its such a common thing now, seriously, how many cars have you heard of having their insurance canceled or their wheel falling off or their hubs falling apart?

Looks good, take it safe.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'm just pointing out what insurance companies are like... if poeple want to live a sheltered life then thats all happy days :)

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

I know what your saying, 2 of my best mates work for racv.. Ive heard about some odd things, but to be honest most cars wont get caught out.. Reason being my car didnt get caugh out for how low it was..
Whan the accident has occured, the car goes to the panel shop of your choise OR if on weekends of afterhours it goes to a insurance holding bay where it will be later dispatched to the panelbeater of your choice.. The panel shop then does a quote of the repairs and submits it racv for example, racv will either approve it or come and inspect the vehicle themselves depending what panel shop you go to.
Some panel shops do all digial photo quotes, which the motor assessors wont have to attend the location to assess the vehicle, but use the pictures supplied - if you goto a shop that doesnt use the digtal phtography method then yes they will come inspect your vehicle n if your wheels are off or this inspector knows what rims genuinely fit the moedel you may be caught out; yet not always Q'd! If the cars passes and goes in to get fixed, and the panell shop notice the adaptors, they wont always word this to the insurance as they will loose the job and in turn have a mark put against them for secondary details missed in the 1st inspection, ie they report back saying we missing this the 1st time and now you gotta come down, which has wasted the insurance co's time previously.
Shows how big a gamble it really is and there is NO such thing as a straight panel beater i tell u - they all bend the rules if not to help customers like u with adaptors or make more cash.

I know all this as ive been along with mates doing motor assessing, applied for the jobs, taken their tests and read the general reports.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

AU-MUSTD wrote:
Well all you insurance reps sound like you all drive like the typical tailgating C**k stains l see every morning on the roads. And for you guys insurance is the be all and end all.( I just slammed you up the a** mate but she's cool i've got insurance) If i'm involved in a smash l know it's not going to be my fault as i dont drive around like i'm in a rush and l still have some now un common courtesy so dont need insurance. I'm sure if you hit me up the a** your insurance isnt going to say but look he's got spacers!!

This just shows how much you don't know, about insurance, and your own ability!

Go for it and good luck, because you will need it!

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the back up daniel and very well put. :D

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This just shows how much you don't know, about insurance, and your own ability!

Go for it and good luck, because you will need it![/quote]

Yes mr inspecter and peace to you nut sack features. My ability will definatly take me further in life than your brains so in that l will trust.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next