Fordmods Logo

AU ute manual to auto conversion 

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: AU ute manual to auto conversion
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ford au2 ute

QLD, Australia

Thanks guys and I had worked out the rear 3 is speedo sensor ..by disconnection test ...today ...lol before I got to read the posts....lol....I figured that the speedo connection would be common in both ....so this unconfused me ...lol...also I was going to try and work out which of the 4 wire connector is the reverse..I thought the auto box would clue me in here by using the the gray plug ( efi injector like electric plug) and testing with ohm meter ...what it showed was variable ohms dependant on gear selected..starting with about 2 jumping up to about 7 in steady steps ...so I figure this gray connection which has about 5v on the cable side and the above varying resistance is a gear identifier for auto and ecu...now since as it was said I got lucky working out neutral /park jump points ....you think the remainder 2 left spade holes in that 4 connector are reverse ....but wired up those 2 to manual 2 spade switch don't give me reverse. I tested the gearbox 2 spade connector and only get full connection when selected..tested with the multi ..I tested the rear light it works ..checked the fuse for reverse. Tested the rear light wiring from rear connector ...all works..if you refer to the wire coding ...the left over 2 and cable match up black....and red with black ...I thought I recheck this on auto by ohms testing 4 spade points to check which pair should be correct....but ohm probing the auto connector and trying P or N or R. Yeilded nothing on the auto ...I don't know how I went from working reverse light auto to dead reverse light manual when I connected the right ones ...what am I missing ? Is there a reverse relay ? I just don't know why this is not working ..bear in mind I did this all before I saw your replies...so I was headed the right way

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2