Fordmods Logo

AU xr8 series 1 Auto to Manual? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: AU xr8 series 1 Auto to Manual?
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon AU I XR8

NSW, Australia

I used the search function, and most of the results were too technical for me, didn't explain my questions, or basically not helpful to my specific request. I did find: gearbox-suspension-brake-driveline-f4/can-t-find-that-5-0l-v8-manual-gearbox-conversion-read-here-t68567.html?hilit=au%20xr8%20manual%20conversion
But it was not exactly what I'm after.

What I need to know is, what is needed, where can I get it, CAN I get it, is it possible to do myself, and is it worth it?

If it makes a difference, my xr8 is an IRS model (Independant Rear Suspension) and it's proving to be both awesome, and a pain in the a**. Love the handling, hate the confusion in getting parts.

To cut this short; my budget is around $1500. I'm not hoping to spend much more than that, if any more at all, TBH. My ideal budget would be $1200, but I think I'm dreaming with that kind of budget.
I've already spent $5200 on this car, so I'd like to make this conversion the final major cost until I respray. I was hoping to keep the total cost for the car around ~six and a half grand, but maybe not...
This is just an inquiry with people who (hopefully) know more about this subject than I do.

Also, what happens with cruise control, does it still function in a manual or do I need to remove it?

So I don't waste anyone's time; is my budget reasonable, or not. Because if it's too far out of that budget, I'll just settle for keeping it auto.

Owner of a 1992 EB Falcon, 2000 AU series II falcon and now a 1999 AU series I AU XR8

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]