Fordmods Logo

Auto to manual switch-up 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 20

Posts: 2

Joined: 28th Jan 2016

Ride: Sparkling burgundy AU saloon

Location: NSW
NSW, Australia

G'day,

Currently operating the 1 series AU falcon and am sick of the auto tranny and looking at switching the lady to a manual. Just wondering if this has been completed before on this forum or if anyone has any advice for such a switch?

Furthermore, if anyone has any tips on dealing with extreme paint peeling that would be great :| the lady is looking real tired unfortunately and I am currently thinking about getting her re-sprayed.

Regards,
Dangerman
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 20

Posts: 2

Joined: 28th Jan 2016

Ride: Sparkling burgundy AU saloon

Location: NSW
NSW, Australia

BUMP!

Great welcome fellas, cheers for 0 replies, what a community! No one to help out a punter in need 8-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2757

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Tickford Dangerman wrote:
BUMP!

Great welcome fellas, cheers for 0 replies, what a community! No one to help out a punter in need 8-)

i
i presume you introduced yaself 1st? :P


i'm doing a AU2 swap from auto to manual ... have cutnshut a tailshaft to hopefully suit :shock: . have a manual ecu, pedal assembly, engine wiring loom & gearbox waiting on me . . . . . . ....... :roll:


paint peeling is most likely just the clear peeling off... :mrgreen:

ps: AU manual box IS longer than the AU auto & EA/B/D/F/L auto/manual boxes
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 120

Joined: 19th Jan 2016

Ride: G6e

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

While on the subject can we run auto ecus with manual vehicle eg the ef ?

I hear there is a resistor trick is that it ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:56 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 233

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF GLi Manual, '91 EB Wagon

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

barraea wrote:
While on the subject can we run auto ecus with manual vehicle eg the ef ?

I hear there is a resistor trick is that it ?


Yes. They will run with no modification, but will idle high, and fans will run constantly.

This can be remedied with a J3, or yes, there is a way of adding a resistor
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2757

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
barraea wrote:
While on the subject can we run auto ecus with manual vehicle eg the ef ?

I hear there is a resistor trick is that it ?


Yes. They will run with no modification, but will idle high, and fans will run constantly.

This can be remedied with a J3, or yes, there is a way of adding a resistor



yeah but not everyone is happy with the resistor trick :?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Auto to manual switch-up
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3440

Joined: 23rd Dec 2007

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Tickford Dangerman wrote:
G'day,

Currently operating the 1 series AU falcon and am sick of the auto tranny and looking at switching the lady to a manual. Just wondering if this has been completed before on this forum or if anyone has any advice for such a switch?

Furthermore, if anyone has any tips on dealing with extreme paint peeling that would be great :| the lady is looking real tired unfortunately and I am currently thinking about getting her re-sprayed.

Regards,
Dangerman


With regards to the auto to manual
http://www.fordmods.com/fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/auto-to-manual-conversion-guide-t42420-210.html

the paint where the clearcoat comes off will oxidise and be a different colour almost immediately, I spent ages once trying to make a peeled hilux look bearable ones, but in the end i resprayed it. where is the paint peeling? if it's the boot and spoiler, you could look for some the same color and swap those on.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:05 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names