Fordmods Logo

BA auto trans 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: BA auto trans
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 2

Joined: 31st Aug 2007

Ride: ba

Location: riverton
SA, Australia

Little help?! MY ba auto trans shudders when cold in first, as it is a sealed unit, not sure what to do. Thanks, Nathan.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

well there is not a lot we could do about mate but just i recomend getting a service

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: BA auto trans
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

nathanbirss wrote:
Little help?! MY ba auto trans shudders when cold in first, as it is a sealed unit, not sure what to do. Thanks, Nathan.

Whats the history of the shudder? If it started after a service perhaps the wrong fluid was used, these boxs require TQ95 not normal ATF.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 2

Joined: 31st Aug 2007

Ride: ba

Location: riverton
SA, Australia

hi, the history is that it hasn't been serviced for a while, and just recently developed this shudder. am scared because i have been told that these trans can leak oil from engine into trans? hope this is not the case so i think i'll get a pro to service it first. ta, nathan
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

No oil won't go between the engine and box but there is a possibility the coolant can make its way if the radiator is faulty. If it has not been serviced in a while then best go get it done before things get worse.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1302

Joined: 10th Nov 2006

Location: Allmods suck so do viruses
WA, Australia

twason wrote:
No oil won't go between the engine and box but there is a possibility the coolant can make its way if the radiator is faulty. If it has not been serviced in a while then best go get it done before things get worse.


i was thinking CV Joints on the diff that connects to the gearbox mine stuffed up and the car was shaking inbetween gear changes

 

_________________

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

Falcon96kickass wrote:
twason wrote:
No oil won't go between the engine and box but there is a possibility the coolant can make its way if the radiator is faulty. If it has not been serviced in a while then best go get it done before things get worse.


i was thinking CV Joints on the diff that connects to the gearbox mine stuffed up and the car was shaking inbetween gear changes
I though of Engine or box mounts but the symptom is only there when cold.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:40 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names