Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Brake Rattle
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,
my BA has developed a rattle from the front of the car, i took the front wheels of to try and find the source of the problem as i knew it was brake related as when i did brake the noise disappeared. It turns out to either be the calliper itself as it has some play and can move side to side. Or i was thinking maybe the brake pads were moving.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? What should i got about fixing this rattle?!

Thanks StrawbZ

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Post subject: Re: BA Brake Rattle
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

the pads may be rattling. get some of that red goo stuff that stops brake squeak. it also holds the pads to the caliper and stops rattling

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba turbo taxi

VIC, Australia

StrawbZ wrote:
Hey guys,
my BA has developed a rattle from the front of the car, i took the front wheels of to try and find the source of the problem as i knew it was brake related as when i did brake the noise disappeared. It turns out to either be the calliper itself as it has some play and can move side to side. Or i was thinking maybe the brake pads were moving.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? What should i got about fixing this rattle?!

Thanks StrawbZ

is it a six spd?

its often driveline related?

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

phase autos wrote:
StrawbZ wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks StrawbZ

is it a six spd?

its often driveline related?

Yea its six speed manual, but it isnt driveline related. I know its the brakes as i looked at them today. I also looked up the symptoms on the net and everyone said it was there brakes.

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I've had the same caliper rattle problem!!
I changed the shims without any results. I can grab the caliper while the wheel is on and as i shake the the caliper it slightly moves. When i took the wheel off to inspect the problem , I noticed that the slide pins was tight with some play in it. Anyway, I did a bit more research and found a couple of sights that sell modified slide pin kits for BA and BF specific to fixing the rattle issues. This makes sense to me, so i will be ordering the kit for my BA. Check out the below link.

http://www.partswise.com.au/caliper-slide-pin-kits

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]