Fordmods Logo

BA Ghia Driveline Vibratiion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BA Ghia Driveline Vibratiion
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Ghia, DL LTD, BA Ghia,

VIC, Australia

Hi All I just bought a BA Ghia 4Ltr. Car had a very slight vibration which was traced to center bearing on roadworthy. Also required 3 main bushes for diff. Previous owner had their mechanic replace diff bushes center bearing and universal joint.

Car now has bad vibration that appears to be in driveline related. I noticed that there are some clip on weight behind the CV joint and the mechanic has marked where all these go.
I tried moving the black weight to 180 degrees from original and it got worse. I did this as there was a pink painted "W" on the cv joint at this spot. The mechanic said he saw that but had put the weights back where they were originally.
I can try moving them again but this can take 4 more moves then I have the white weight bar to consider which doesn't appear to have any weights on it. :(

Spoke to Duggan Balancing and they reckon bring in the whole tail shaft assy in to balance but they don't touch those little clip on weights. They reckon need to go Ford to check that!
Happy to pay for a tail shaft balance but shouldn't need it so hopefully u guys can point me in another direction.

Also tried changing all wheels in case it was a buckled rim from owner to no avail although the BA looked speccy with my 97 DL's chromed mags on. :D

Questions
1. How critical are those weights to driveline stability?
2. is there anything else that could be causing this vibration giving the diff carrier has been out to replace 3 main bushes?

Regards GMC

Garry Mc

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]