Fordmods Logo

BA Manual Conversion Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Manual Conversion Question
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Falcon

QLD, Australia

Hi, looking for someone who has done a BA Falcon Auto to Manual conversion before. Im just about to start mine and I had a few questions I cant seem to find easy answers for.

First one is, Ive been told some newer model cars after a computer change there is trouble with it not working with existing BCM's (body control module's) and it has to be reprogrammed to work with them. Is there anything like that, that needs to be done with a BA conversion?

Second question, is there any differences in the wiring loom that connects to the gearbox? if so is it easy to change or will i have to replace that part of the wiring?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post subject: Re: BA Manual Conversion Question
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Kathen wrote:
Hi, looking for someone who has done a BA Falcon Auto to Manual conversion before. Im just about to start mine and I had a few questions I cant seem to find easy answers for.

First one is, Ive been told some newer model cars after a computer change there is trouble with it not working with existing BCM's (body control module's) and it has to be reprogrammed to work with them. Is there anything like that, that needs to be done with a BA conversion?

Second question, is there any differences in the wiring loom that connects to the gearbox? if so is it easy to change or will i have to replace that part of the wiring?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you change the ECU it needs to in to Ford to get it reprogrammed to the BCM and Key.

There are wiring differences, I will get under my mates BA that has been converted and see what wires are used and what are not.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Falcon

QLD, Australia

Cheers, thanks for the help

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FORD BA XR6

VIC, Australia

HI,
I AM A 21 YEAR OLD QUALIFIED MOTOR MECHANIC AND HAVE BEEN QUALIFIED FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS NOW, BEING A YOUNG PERSON AND A MECHANIC I WAS GETTING TIRED OF THE AUTO IN MY 2004 MARK 1 XR6 SEDAN SO I SPENT QUITE A FEW WEEKS SEARCHING CAR AUCTION WEBSITES LOOKING FOR A MANUAL WRECK TO BUY. I EVENTUALLLY FOUND ONE AND HAVE JUST COMPLETED THE MANUAL CONVERSION, AND I MUST SAY I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. ITS THE FIRST CONVERSION I HAVE EVER DONE AND TO BE HONEST I WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTED THAT IT WASNT MORE OF A CHALLENGE, I STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT WAS. BUT THE BEST WAY TO DO IT I FOUND WAS TO BUY ANOTHER CAR SO THAT YOU CAN BE GUARRANTIED THAT YOU HAVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED. AND THEN YOU CAN WRECKOUT THE REST OF THE CAR, AND RECOUP A FAIR BIT OF MONEY BACK. IF ANYBODY NEEDS ANY HELP OR HINTS ABOUT HOW TO CONVERT YOUR AUTO, JUST ASK I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP.

THANKS ANDREW.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

BAFordXR6 wrote:
HI,
I AM A 21 YEAR OLD QUALIFIED MOTOR MECHANIC AND HAVE BEEN QUALIFIED FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS NOW, BEING A YOUNG PERSON AND A MECHANIC I WAS GETTING TIRED OF THE AUTO IN MY 2004 MARK 1 XR6 SEDAN SO I SPENT QUITE A FEW WEEKS SEARCHING CAR AUCTION WEBSITES LOOKING FOR A MANUAL WRECK TO BUY. I EVENTUALLLY FOUND ONE AND HAVE JUST COMPLETED THE MANUAL CONVERSION, AND I MUST SAY I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. ITS THE FIRST CONVERSION I HAVE EVER DONE AND TO BE HONEST I WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTED THAT IT WASNT MORE OF A CHALLENGE, I STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT WAS. BUT THE BEST WAY TO DO IT I FOUND WAS TO BUY ANOTHER CAR SO THAT YOU CAN BE GUARRANTIED THAT YOU HAVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED. AND THEN YOU CAN WRECKOUT THE REST OF THE CAR, AND RECOUP A FAIR BIT OF MONEY BACK. IF ANYBODY NEEDS ANY HELP OR HINTS ABOUT HOW TO CONVERT YOUR AUTO, JUST ASK I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP.

THANKS ANDREW.

caps lock mate.. press it. fuk.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA 04 RTV UTE

TAS, Australia

Hey guys sorry for digging up an old topic,

Anyway I have an 04 BA RTV ute just converted it to manual after the auto box died. having more problems than the first settlers with the electronics it appears the harness i got for it is a later model 05 onwards and has a few extra connectors and is causing me all sorts of grief when ford try and reprogram the manual PCM (dash lights up like xmas tree) and no throttle response with the auto pcm back in it goes into limp mode

not sure what to do here if i need to change the harness out to an earlier model (have to find one ) or if ford is just putting the wrong program into the manual ecu.

The wiring harness was out of a BF XR6 and looks like it has an extra "fuel injector" connector up top and a green and blue plug down near the gearbox if that helps

Cheers for any help

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]