Fordmods Logo

Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Hey guys
Ive asked the question to a few people but havnt been able to get a complete answer. Could someone tell me EVERYTHING I need to do a automatic to manual conversion in a ba falcon. Heres the list ive got, if u could add, subtract or swap any info that is wrong would be muchly appreciated

I would need to get:

manual gearbox, clutch kit, Flywheel, Clutch pedal and carrier, Hydraulics and lines, Gearstick and console insert, crossmember and mount, Tailshaft

anything else or cheaper ways to do things

cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 668

Joined: 24th Jul 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Location: Geelong
VIC, Australia

No cheap way around it mate quiet a bit of work also u will have problems with ecu unsure what will happened there and most likley have to remove the dash to get the pedal box.

Why do u want to change personally id go for a 6 speed auto

 

_________________

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

stoj79 wrote:
No cheap way around it mate quiet a bit of work also u will have problems with ecu unsure what will happened there and most likley have to remove the dash to get the pedal box.

Why do u want to change personally id go for a 6 speed auto


don't you need like BEM, BCM, ECU and a bit of loom to have it working correctly....

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

6 speed auto is 2 expensive, same as 6 speed auto. Reason im wanting to change is my auto box has just blown itself and I can get a manual box cheap, just trying to work out other stuff that I need

As far as ecu goes, not in the ba's auto to manual. With auto to manual all you need to do is limp it to the local ford and have them reflash it to manual instead of auto. Manual to auto is a lot more difficult of a job as far as looms, ecu etc
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
6 speed auto is 2 expensive, same as 6 speed auto. Reason im wanting to change is my auto box has just blown itself and I can get a manual box cheap, just trying to work out other stuff that I need

As far as ecu goes, not in the ba's auto to manual. With auto to manual all you need to do is limp it to the local ford and have them reflash it to manual instead of auto. Manual to auto is a lot more difficult of a job as far as looms, ecu etc


you can't reflash a manual tune into an Auto BA PCM

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

maybe not im not completely sure but I know u dont have 2 buy a new ecu
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

just found this and thought id post it up for the people that dont know much about them and say "get a 6spd auto and put in it". This is what ur up 4 in changing from 4spd auto to 6spd auto

ZF 6 speed trans incl. cooler
Custom trans cooler bracket
BF F6 Tailshaft, with modified centre bearing mount
Drive Flange on Diff changed to BF F6 (still 3.45 diff)
Addition of thermostat for trans cooler and associated plumbing
Complete engine and trans harness
Addition of 1 Knock Sensor
Addition of 1 HEGO sensor
Complete engine bay harness
Complete harness for lhs of vehicle
Complete harness for rhs of vehicle
Complete dash harness
ABS modulator unit
6 new BF brake pipes (front l+r ABS to master + 2 x rear)
BF Master Brake cylinder
Change transducer for Power Steering
BEM Module
HIM Module
Instrument cluster (BF FPV hi series)
Steering column with BF ignition lock
Door barrel
Glovebox lock and handle
BF Alternator + new rear bracket for same
New BF Alternator harness

be easier to sell ya car and buy one with a ZF lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
maybe not im not completely sure but I know u dont have 2 buy a new ecu

in the BA you do! BF you do not. Speaking from experience mate, was involved in the first successful manual conversion in a BA

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

and I respect that but ive got a few friends on xr6turbo forum who have done the conversion and just had a capa flash tune done
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:08 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4355

Joined: 14th Dec 2005

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

Location: Newy
NSW, Australia

Edited..... someone got sand in thier vag.

 

_________________

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Last edited by Bsjenko on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
eb_guy888 wrote:
6 speed auto is 2 expensive, same as 6 speed auto. Reason im wanting to change is my auto box has just blown itself and I can get a manual box cheap, just trying to work out other stuff that I need

As far as ecu goes, not in the ba's auto to manual. With auto to manual all you need to do is limp it to the local ford and have them reflash it to manual instead of auto. Manual to auto is a lot more difficult of a job as far as looms, ecu etc


you can't reflash a manual tune into an Auto BA PCM


My auto BA ECU has a manual tune in it....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

yeah buddy many do, some people dont listen lol the ecu comes with no tune to start with, its the tune that specified whether the car or auto or manual, not the ecu
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
67RCE wrote:
eb_guy888 wrote:
6 speed auto is 2 expensive, same as 6 speed auto. Reason im wanting to change is my auto box has just blown itself and I can get a manual box cheap, just trying to work out other stuff that I need

As far as ecu goes, not in the ba's auto to manual. With auto to manual all you need to do is limp it to the local ford and have them reflash it to manual instead of auto. Manual to auto is a lot more difficult of a job as far as looms, ecu etc


you can't reflash a manual tune into an Auto BA PCM


My auto BA ECU has a manual tune in it....


Must besomething that has come about lately, as 3 years ago, it was not possible.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

not sure what it was like 3 years ago sorry mate, I know now though that all they need is a xcal1 flash tuner with a stock manual tune on it. Apparently some ford dealers do it but its like pulling teeth getting them to
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba Turbo Auto To Manual Conversion
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
not sure what it was like 3 years ago sorry mate, I know now though that all they need is a xcal1 flash tuner with a stock manual tune on it. Apparently some ford dealers do it but its like pulling teeth getting them to


We had a mate at Ford do it, who couldn't manage to get a manual tune to work on the Auto PCM. That was with a contact there....

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 9:48 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names