Fordmods Logo

BA XR8 Ute Auto issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XR8 Ute Auto issues
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR8 ute

WA, Australia

Hey all looking for a bit of help on here with auto issues. Ute has 223,00 kays on and the auto slipps when you use it as an auto, but with you use the adaptive shift there are no slip issues. Also takes some time to engage Reverse. I would have siad low oil but have had this checked and all good on oil quantity and quality at a garage. Rang local auto place and all they want to do is replace the auto.
If this is the only option can you fit the BF 6 speed auto to a BA and will the computer be able to handle it.
Reason for this as looking to upgrade engine output and from what i have read the BF ZF handles it a lot better with the right mods.

Appreciate any thoughts on this from any where. Oh I am in Perth if someone know anyone locally that has experience in ford auto's.

Post subject: Re: BA XR8 Ute Auto issues
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Installing the ZF is not impossible but is a huge and costly job involving basically changing the electrical to BF wiring looms and computer, mounting brackets etc. if i remember reading right the ZF diff ratio and tailshaft are different as well. It has been done if you like a challenge.
You can get the 4 speed rebuilt to handle some big power anyway. Will be alot cheaper to do that.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Post subject: Re: BA XR8 Ute Auto issues
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR8 ute

WA, Australia

Thanks 93 EB, ok will shelve that idea of the ZF upgrade and look at getting the 4 speed built up to handle it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]