Ball Joint Dust Boot 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Ball Joint Dust Boot
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Series 3 AU Falcon

SA, Australia

I was under my car today fiting my exhaust and realised that the left hand ball joint dust boot (cover) on what i belive is the tie rod? (correct me if im wrong haha) is broken. how hard is it to replace this? and will i require a stearing allignment if i have to take the tie-rod off to get it on?

Not sure if this had been covered before I had a look but could not find anything other then replacing the ball joint as well.

Thanks John

Series 3 AU Falcon : Shift Kit, Herrod Motorsport 4499's, 100cpi Cat, Lukey 2.5 Catback,Ebiach Pro Kit, Monroe GT Short Struts, Usual P-plater crap,Alpine CDA-9856, Kicker speakers all round, Rear Speakers powered by a Kicker DX125 and SoundStream T5-12 powered by a Soundstream TX 1300.D

Post subject: Re: Ball Joint Dust Boot
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Peice of piss to replace it, you dont need to get a wheel alignment, buy a dust boot, knock the ball joint out and slip it on, and put everything back together, knocking the ball joint out is the hardest bit but it's not that hard.

Gab

This is basically how to do it, except the tie rod is underneath, but you need to hit that part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDsci-izhhc

Post subject: Re: Ball Joint Dust Boot
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Series 3 AU Falcon

SA, Australia

Cheers mate very helpful :). the ball joint is dirty and i will need to rub that off, do i apply grease to it before putting it back together or?

Thanks

Series 3 AU Falcon : Shift Kit, Herrod Motorsport 4499's, 100cpi Cat, Lukey 2.5 Catback,Ebiach Pro Kit, Monroe GT Short Struts, Usual P-plater crap,Alpine CDA-9856, Kicker speakers all round, Rear Speakers powered by a Kicker DX125 and SoundStream T5-12 powered by a Soundstream TX 1300.D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]