BOX ABOUT TO s**t ITSELF 

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BOX ABOUT TO s**t ITSELF
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

my box is about to s**t itself, as expected, seeing as though 250+ rwkw has been running through it for a yr n a half( its a non turbo btr 4 speed), im looking to replace with a beefed up btr 4 speed to handle the above kws... is there a place in sydney or around sydney that can sell me a strengthened one maybe on an exchange basis, or rebuild for about $2000?

thanks

Post subject: Re: BOX ABOUT TO s**t ITSELF
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

$2000? Lol, you get what you pay for

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Maybe get f**k u loser? I want a box to handle 250 kw not 500 u wanker

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
Maybe get f**k u loser? I want a box to handle 250 kw not 500 u wanker

sounds understandable

But as that comment that wasn't called for lol

It just sucks the world we are in now that everyone wants top dollar for their products and service when obviously it is not worth that

hmm i thought the BTR 4 speeds can handle a good 250rw kw as in the turbo box's in the BA's we are talking BA right ?

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Futura / FG XR6 / DF LTD

NSW, Australia

Gee your'e going to make a mountain of friends around here LOLHSV . You ask a question and get a perfectly reasonable answer that you dont like so immediately launch into attack and abuse mode . I see your'e in your early twenties so quite obviously have vast experience and knowledge of the world . F Y I if you do the ring around you will find $ 2000 will NOT get you what you are looking for . I paid $1,300.00 for a standard reco box last year and that was the cheapest by a long shot , most were quoting around and above the $ 2,000.00 . Welcome aboard , I hope you have a helmet .

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

lol mate i asked a simple question and what i got from him was a bull s**t snide remark, not a "perfectly reasonable answer"... the box in the car now was replaced with a reco in sept 2011 and i paid $1400 fitted...! i then turbo'd the car in dec 2011 and the box has held up this long( NON TURBO BTR ), the standard xr6 turbo btr 4 speed can handle the 250 with a decent trans cooler, and one of them rebuilt to stock is about $1500 just for the box on an exchange over basis ( not sure how much if u just want to buy it with out exchanging old gearbox) so to get a rebuilt xr turbo box with a bit of extra beef for AROUND $2000 on a change over basis doesnt seem too dumb of a question to ask, seeing as though thats what these forums are for...TO ASK QUESTIONS YOUR UNSURE ABOUT... he could have said "na man youll prob find that a slightly beefed up btr 4 speed would be more like $3000 - $3500 not $2000" instead of dropping a d***head comment like that, its wankers like him that make me realize how fcken useless these forums are sometimes. And you mate, you can piss off too, "ïm in my 20's so i know the world"? ... I don't know how you came to that conclusion but you can get fked aswell, im sick of useless retards giving me useless info and useless snide, smart a** comments when i didnt start or do anything to offend anyone in the first place.

And EF_wanabe you're awesome, thanks replying like a normal person should... And yes its a BA NON TURBO with a snort turbo kit installed..

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I really would like some feedback from other members on how trans coolers effect trans life , i do know how they work etc and heat is the killer etc but how much more can a trans cooler do in terms of "cooling"

I say get a turbo box they are slightly stronger not by much but just run that till it dies then reco the turbo box

I have read a thread some where regarding some built box's are made with OEM parts e,g EF/EL front pump etc if thats true which i believe it is then it shouldn't be to much to "rebuild and beef"

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Futura / FG XR6 / DF LTD

NSW, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
lol mate i asked a simple question and what i got from him was a bull s**t snide remark, not a "perfectly reasonable answer"... the box in the car now was replaced with a reco in sept 2011 and i paid $1400 fitted...! i then turbo'd the car in dec 2011 and the box has held up this long( NON TURBO BTR ), the standard xr6 turbo btr 4 speed can handle the 250 with a decent trans cooler, and one of them rebuilt to stock is about $1500 just for the box on an exchange over basis ( not sure how much if u just want to buy it with out exchanging old gearbox) so to get a rebuilt xr turbo box with a bit of extra beef for AROUND $2000 on a change over basis doesnt seem too dumb of a question to ask, seeing as though thats what these forums are for...TO ASK QUESTIONS YOUR UNSURE ABOUT... he could have said "na man youll prob find that a slightly beefed up btr 4 speed would be more like $3000 - $3500 not $2000" instead of dropping a d***head comment like that, its wankers like him that make me realize how fcken useless these forums are sometimes. And you mate, you can piss off too, "ïm in my 20's so i know the world"? ... I don't know how you came to that conclusion but you can get fked aswell, im sick of useless retards giving me useless info and useless snide, smart a** comments when i didnt start or do anything to offend anyone in the first place.

And EF_wanabe you're awesome, thanks replying like a normal person should... And yes its a BA NON TURBO with a snort turbo kit installed..

The ONLY person looking like a useless retard in this thread is you . I'd get into a battle of wits with you but it's unfair to fight an unarmed man . Hasn't anyone ever told you you catch fore flies with honey tthan vinegar .

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It wasn't a s**t snide remark. It was the truth. Why cheap out now? Because as human nature goes, we always want more.

I'm getting my auto built by Summernats burnout comp winner Adam Slorach at ATS automatics in Bendigo. $1800 for the box. $900 for the stall. Lockable etc.

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Well sorry mate I'm not having my box rebuilt by some burnout champ with a $900 stally, if you noticed my first comment it asked if there was a place around sydney that can build a box to handle 250 for around 2k... Seeing as though u live in bendigo u would have no clue as to weather there is such a place in sydney... Soo.. Next time just post something constructive instead of being a smart a**

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:06 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Whilst your waiting for answers on here maybe its worthwhile ringing around a few places in the mean time and asking them, to get some rough ideas.
Also settle down a little bit. :idea:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Well that escalated quickly :shock: .

...considering the price from this ebay item:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XR6-Turbo-Au ... 3a810819d6

Maybe you could get a beefed up box on a swap basis for around $2000. As 93EB said, ring around and see what you can find out. Post your findings so that other Sydney FM members are in the know.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well then, have fun wanting more power and flogging out a cheaply rebuilt auto. Do it once, do it right.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
Well sorry mate I'm not having my box rebuilt by some burnout champ with a $900 stally, if you noticed my first comment it asked if there was a place around sydney that can build a box to handle 250 for around 2k... Seeing as though u live in bendigo u would have no clue as to weather there is such a place in sydney... Soo.. Next time just post something constructive instead of being a smart a**

Dont worry about f**k svo shes probably only stirring s**t up on here because shes banned from boosted falcon again :lol:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Contact Freds Auto's at Greenacre, They did the box in my TE, it was beefed up as well, better bands and planetaries were used a new stall was put in and a cooler, i got mates prices. i cannot get them for yourself, BUT, I would think $2500 - $2700 would be closer to the mark. If you already have a cooler, you would save perhaps $200ish, reuse your stallie, save a bit more, but i would avoid reusing the stallie as if it fails and causes any issues with the box, I would think that would void any warranty.

These guys build boxes for the taxi industry mostly, but are VERY VERY familiar with BTR's and know how to build them well and turn them around quickly.

Hope that helps..

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next