Fordmods Logo

BTR 4 speed auto TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER 

Page 13 of 16 [ 230 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post subject: Re: BTR 4 speed auto TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Good work on the testing! Keen to see more even though I'm in the stick stable.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

awsome, i will try and get to jaycar to get a pic programmer and some required gear,

also thinking about using internmittent wiper and highbeem as possible flappy paddles but im thinking will it shorthen the storks lifetime greatley?

Just got attacked by a massive moth FFS scared the s**t out of me massive thing landed on my arm !

also another thought , we could obsolete the shifter altogether and disconnect the linkage and have a solenoid attached to the actual box on the crossshaft to controll all positions !

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Legally I think you will need the shifter in case of emergency....similar to if you have shaved handles and a hidden door handle mechanim. Also you still need the linkage to select PRN as these rely on its physical position, not just electronic.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i dont see any use in disabling park, reverse and neutral - these are the only gears that need a manual input.
all other gears are what we want to control manually.

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

hey guys im trying to wire in a BTR 4 speed computer on my 302 windsor.(TCM, auto and engine from NC ltd) the engine is on straight gas and running a HEI dizzy so will this work with the tcm??? and anyone able to help me with wiring??

see my thred if ur able to help thx

http://www.fordmods.com/post1249092.html#p1249092

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ok, pic programmer is on way, got a pic from jaycar in frotn of me , shouldant be long before i have it all working, aim is to have up/down stick

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well after a fair hectic night of reading i managed to make a program for a PIC micro controller that will enable us to control 1st-4th sequentially, manually and through a trigger off the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, or flappy paddles if you really want lol
only need to intercept 2 wires between the ECU and auto, no other mods needed.

i'm going to look into what needs to be done to control the gears using the voltage signal being sent from the shifter, but shouldn't be too much harder.
i'm too broke to buy a PIC programmer atm, so cant really do much more than coding and simulations, but its all a step in the right direction.
things like converter lockup at certain speeds and RPM would be possible also, but again just more coding.

XG Panelvan

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

programmer should be here within the next few days, coming from China so ,,, yeah and i bourght a AT90s1200-12 from jaycar 20 I/O chip should be plenty

shouldant be long before its common mod :D

also i was thinking of saftley lock-outs like you cant change to 1st under 65kms and so on somthing like that to avoid compression lockups, would require monitering the extention housing speed sensor, pretty sure it outputs a frequency, hopefulley just a voltage would make it easy

misk can you hook your multimeter up to the sensor and go for a drive see if it gives a voltage, im guessing it will be ac as i think i read " inductive coil" or somthing ive got a ossilloscope ill hook up tomorow if i feel like it

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

it is a voltage signal being sent, but you will need to write a code to convert the signal from analogue to digital, as well as being limited to 5v.
unless you program in C, it gets a bit messy trying to do too much technical s**t like safety rules.
i taught myself how to do basic programing overnight, so at this stage my program only shifts up and down gears sequentially through a trigger on two separate inputs.
i'd much rather do it in C but will take me a bit longer to learn that, so its something i'll work on for the future.

XG Panelvan

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

If your just changing the Selector "position" using a DAC then you wont have to worry about safety lockouts - thats built into the trans control program.

Im interested in where your going with this though.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Post your program misk so i can have a look

i can quickley see this turning into a big circuit that moniters temps and s**t everyware

lol "FORDMODS" engine monitering systems

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nigel wrote:
If your just changing the Selector "position" using a DAC then you wont have to worry about safety lockouts - thats built into the trans control program.

Im interested in where your going with this though.

i'm not doing that at all.
i'm removing the link between the ECU and trans that controls the gear selections.
in this case, solenoid 1 and 2.

if you control these 2 solenoids you have full control over which gear you are in.

my program is only meant to be used as a manual control system and will only move up or down gears when wanted - the ECU will have no input in terms of gear changing.
i'd rather not post the code though, at the moment its still unfinished, and i'd rather it not be public anyway, sorry :)

XG Panelvan

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

lol i was going to release my designs and code but also sell kits so people who cbf can buy

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i wouldn't mind once mine is proved to work lol.
do you have a simulator on your PC?
ill send you a PM, i know there are better ways of writing the code so would be good to get some feedback

XG Panelvan

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

trying to get a copy of windows atm im running fedora core 6, it can be a better enviroment for coding, but for chips there is a program atmel made to help you program the chips so im trying to get hold of a copy of windows

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 16  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next