Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BTR weird noises
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hi folks,

I think my slightly higher then normal output has finally killed my BTR auto.

When I first take off there is a noise like cavitated fluid being forced though a kinked pipe. it's really loud and it's much worse when its cold. if I put the boot in, after it gets moving faster the noise fads off, only to come back the next time I accelerate slowly.

At first i thought it was low on Fluid, but that would get worse with higher revs, not better. (Plus I checked the fluid level about 2 months ago and if anything there was a litre too much fluid in there as it was backwards up ramps and oil still trickled out the filler.) The noise as been their for ages but it was only when it was cold before and it wasn't as loud. (I actually thought it was the turbo oil feed line blocked so the oil couldn't get though with enough pressure when cold, but I've got a braided feed line with much less restriction now and the noise only exists under light load in gear.

I have the T56 to go in anyway so it's not a huge issue, but I wasn't ready for the T56 yet as I've no got a manual PCM tune yet and a few other bits I need. (I do have the pedal box in though)

Anyone have any thoughts as to what it could be?

Post subject: Re: BTR weird noises
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

oh well,

i was hoping it was some well known thing I could bodgy..

guess there is nothing for it.. I'll have to take the box out and swap it for the T56 in the shed. only thing i'll have to do is use my VCM to flash a manual tune onto the PCM first.

as I understand it you can't do the resister trick on a B series or the PCM will keep the revs limited to 3.5k thinking it's in neutral all the time.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]