Fordmods Logo

camber kit? help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: camber kit? help
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Xr6

QLD, Australia

im lowering my car currently i have gabriel shocks in the rear with pedders sportsrider springs with stock bumper stops...
at times these knock going over bumps but this leads me to my question
i have gabriel front struts and pedders sportsrider springs for my ba xr6 will i need a camber kit to go with this so my tyres dont get chewed by the guard or upper control arm and will getting a smaller bumper stop in the rear help at all with the knocking?
Also if anyone could fill me in what are the pro's and con's of having a camber kit?

Last edited by Coreys0 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: camber kit? help
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

There is no yes or no answer. It will be dependant on the amount of adjustment remaining in the factory upper control arm mounts if you require a camber kit.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The XR, F6, GT and GTP in the BA/BF use different upper control arm brackets. You can buy them from a Ford dealer and add them onto your existing arms, I did with my AU, they fit.
They have longer threaded bolts and also static adj shims. You would be looking at about $75.00-$80.00 a side for these and if you really want to go all out, you could make the rear also adjustable but would cost WAY more.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

G'day Papa Smurf, That is interesting,I have just put king springs in the front of my BA ute and as I don't have much room for adjustment on the rear brackets, I bought a camber adjustment kit and went to fit it tonight, but, the brackets are shorter than the original ones. Though the bolts are a little longer, by the time you pack it enough to be where the original one was you have used the extra length in the bolts. My ute is an XL, 2004, would they have used a diferent bracket from around this time, or do you think the kit I bought was just a lesser quality. With regards to the XR brackets, can you tell me what the difference is?

Attachments:
File comment: The black one is the original
brackets 1.jpg
brackets 1.jpg [ 201.24 KiB | Viewed 180 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]