Fordmods Logo

Clutch cable movement. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Clutch cable movement.
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2005 BF XR6

NSW, Australia

Being pretty ignorant of the working under the hood this has me a bit worried. Recently my clutch started failing to return properly on occassions. You push it in, change gear and release it and then feel a little click as you let it up. As far as I can tell it engages just fine, there's no odd noises or anything apart from that.

As I thought it a bit strange I had a look at the pedal and found that I can now pull it up almost horizontal to the underside of the dash assembly. Now i'm assuming that shouldn't happen so I look in the engine well where the cable comes in and find that I can pull the whole cable into the engine bay by something around 5cm. As I don't know much about this sort of stuff (though i'm fairly sure it shouldn't happen) I was wondering if this is something which I should just take it straight to a mechanic or if it's entirely normal. I've heard things about cracking firewall and such and am wondering if that's the problem here. Thing is it looks perfectly ok, no cracks or aything.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]