Fordmods Logo

Clutch kits 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1060

Joined: 5th Jan 2011

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

Location: Northside - Brisbane
QLD, Australia

I have an AUII XR6 ute and it desperately needs a new clutch... Need to know the best brand of clutch for the replacement. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated... Plus if any specific tools are needed.
Thanks

 

_________________

"08 XR6T Ute

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 591

Joined: 28th May 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

I had a PBR HD and it was damn heavy (broke the firewall and clutch fork dampener) and slipped like all buggary (to add to that, it was almost new when I removed it), so I fitted an Exedy HD and it is lighter and bites hard.
I hope that helps..

 

_________________

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 591

Joined: 28th May 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

All you will need is basic hand tools, a decent jack, clutch aligning tool ($10.00) a hose, a funnel and some elbow grease.

Remember it is recomended (on live axle anyways) to replace the tail shaft bolts if removed

 

_________________

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1060

Joined: 5th Jan 2011

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

Location: Northside - Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Cheers... Where could I chase up an aligning tool from... Having some difficulties finding one...

 

_________________

"08 XR6T Ute

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 591

Joined: 28th May 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

Supercheap, Repco, Autobarn, Burson. Basically any parts shop. Cone shaped thing. The top bellhousing bolts and one of the starter bolts are a prick to get to.

 

_________________

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 736

Joined: 13th Oct 2009

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Parramatta
NSW, Australia

EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
Supercheap, Repco, Autobarn, Burson. Basically any parts shop. Cone shaped thing. The top bellhousing bolts and one of the starter bolts are a prick to get to.


This is very true. Dont get angry if it takes you upto (or more than) an hour to undo just those three bolts. I found it easier to do with the rocker cover off and with someone tilting the engine back if theyre tight. If not, you can get to them with a ring end 19mm spanner from the engine bay.

 

_________________

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1060

Joined: 5th Jan 2011

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

Location: Northside - Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit FMK-6913HDCB

Rightio, that's the exedy clutch I'm using... Just need the alignment tool and find out some more about the flywheel. Any help there would be appreciated... Price/etc.

Plus is there a likelihood of bearings/seals/etc (things not included in the kit) needing to be replaced? Background info - auII UTE 180000km...

 

_________________

"08 XR6T Ute

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 736

Joined: 13th Oct 2009

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Parramatta
NSW, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit FMK-6913HDCB

Rightio, that's the exedy clutch I'm using... Just need the alignment tool and find out some more about the flywheel. Any help there would be appreciated... Price/etc.

Plus is there a likelihood of bearings/seals/etc (things not included in the kit) needing to be replaced? Background info - auII UTE 180000km...


It is highly recommended that you replace the gearbox bearing retainer sleeve as it wears due to the thrust bearing. Be careful of the button clutches. I have a heavy duty ceramo/organic cussion button clutch and it is quite heavy and has no friction point (not fun in traffic)

 

_________________

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 591

Joined: 28th May 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

Prob be worthwhile to get a new spigot bearing and to machine the flywheel $15\$40.

Nice choice with the clutch.. Will cost a pretty penny though.

 

_________________

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1060

Joined: 5th Jan 2011

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

Location: Northside - Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Rightio, bearing retainer sleeve and spigot bearing... Easy to install??

Ummm I have a mate that works at supercheap, so with staff discount $405. So not too bad...

 

_________________

"08 XR6T Ute

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

the sam wrote:
FordAUte wrote:
Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit FMK-6913HDCB

Rightio, that's the exedy clutch I'm using... Just need the alignment tool and find out some more about the flywheel. Any help there would be appreciated... Price/etc.

Plus is there a likelihood of bearings/seals/etc (things not included in the kit) needing to be replaced? Background info - auII UTE 180000km...


It is highly recommended that you replace the gearbox bearing retainer sleeve as it wears due to the thrust bearing. Be careful of the button clutches. I have a heavy duty ceramo/organic cussion button clutch and it is quite heavy and has no friction point (not fun in traffic)


Haha, I thought cushioned buttons were meant to have a little give?

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 736

Joined: 13th Oct 2009

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Parramatta
NSW, Australia

skidder wrote:
the sam wrote:
FordAUte wrote:
Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit FMK-6913HDCB

Rightio, that's the exedy clutch I'm using... Just need the alignment tool and find out some more about the flywheel. Any help there would be appreciated... Price/etc.

Plus is there a likelihood of bearings/seals/etc (things not included in the kit) needing to be replaced? Background info - auII UTE 180000km...


It is highly recommended that you replace the gearbox bearing retainer sleeve as it wears due to the thrust bearing. Be careful of the button clutches. I have a heavy duty ceramo/organic cussion button clutch and it is quite heavy and has no friction point (not fun in traffic)


Haha, I thought cushioned buttons were meant to have a little give?


Haha not mine. Its pretty harsh on the left leg in traffic. But its good in the open. Tricky taking off when its cold too. Slides around a bit.

 

_________________

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

Bearing retainer sleeve is a good idea if yours is worn, will make clutch operation a lot lighter & smoother. Spigot is a good idea too. While the flywheel is off it wouldn't hurt to do the rear main seal either. At least check the bugger for leaks!

Replace the shim under the clutch fork where the bolt allows it to pivot.

Read up on a T5 workshop manual in regards to the retainer sleeve.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/english/me ... Manual.pdf

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1060

Joined: 5th Jan 2011

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

Location: Northside - Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Went to supercheap today... Big mission... I struggled with matching the bearings/etc that I need. All the differing names and brands explanations are confusing me... Any help with approx costs and parts name to help me make sure I get the right things.
Thanks for any help guys...

 

_________________

"08 XR6T Ute

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Clutch kits
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 736

Joined: 13th Oct 2009

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Parramatta
NSW, Australia

Gearbox front bearing retainer. From ford = $190-230
Spigot bearing. From ford = $?? Or sunbury clutches in victoria.
Flywheel machining. Brake place = $60
Rear main seal. From bursons or repco = $45-60
Clutch fork washer. From bursons or ford? = $5

 

_________________

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names