Fordmods Logo

CONVERTING AUTO TO MANUAL BUT NO MANUAL ECU WHAT TO DO??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

sent the resistors to the auto shop was running a little high in revs at 1500 he said so this shodul eliminate that problem and hopefully with some lucky ill have it back within a few hours

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok everythings all good but one thing, the revs are at about 1500-2000 when u take the plug out of the throttle body she drops to about 1000 still needs to come down some more but doesnt solve the problem of when u clilp it back in

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Did you/they follow Voxaces guide with the resistors? Properly?

I know i had a wire mixed up when i first did it because the colour was different to the guide and it idled at 1200rpm

Found the correct wire and it idled fine, but changed to a manual ecu anyway......

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Did you/they follow Voxaces guide with the resistors? Properly?

I know i had a wire mixed up when i first did it because the colour was different to the guide and it idled at 1200rpm

Found the correct wire and it idled fine, but changed to a manual ecu anyway......
yeh dunno im guessing they did it correctly wasnt there but dont want to tell them they did it wrong i might have a tinker with it myself on the weekend apart from that all is good just waitting till friday for the diff to go in 3.45's then itll be complete

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
I am running an Auto ECU with my manual. Only thing I have found wrong with it, is that it sometimes drops in RPM when the clutch is pushed in. Has stalled on me once when I pushed the clutch in, but now I just rev it up when I need to.

phong =P~

Hey mate, I've had that trouble too

I also hate how the ECU slows the rate of engine decelleration.

My fix was unplug the ISC and up the idle a bit to hold it around 700rpm once the engine's warmed up. Disadvantage is every time you start on a cold morning the engine can stall since there's no electronic choke for additional air.

During the summer I up the idle speed to about 950rpm just with the idle speed screw on the throttle body so the AC only drops RPM to about 650 at idle.

I get a s**t of engine compression braking, much more responsive engine (I can't emphasize enough how good an improvement it makes) and it never even gets near stalling.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh thats what ive done atm taken it off idles at about 950-1000 but when i put the diff in ill get him to adjust it down to 750 or so then should be all good

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MKII Futura

VIC, Australia

bluecube wrote:
akademiks wrote:
i have never had a problem running auto ecu in a manual yet.

thats on 2 cars ive converted and have heard of plenty others that run auto, i never even did the resistor trick or whatever it is.

what sort of cars were these? fords i presume?
coz anything from ebII and upwards in 6cyl will need resistor trick or some other mod to work.

i did an ed fairmont last weekend, runs fine on auto ecu

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

just finshed work had a tinker with the idle brought her down to 700 from 1000 now she hunts more than a greek women during sex its great thanks to wade 1673 cam of course

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2