Couple of ea probs, help please 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Couple of ea probs, help please
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I have a 89 ea mont, sometimes i can hear a clicking sound and some squealing coming from what seems to be the rear brakes, i have completely replaced the front ( rda slotted discs, metal kings and bearings ), also one of the front calipers seems to seize a little, so i bought caliper reabuild kits for all 4, i know the front is str8 foward but can the every day back yard mechanic do the rears? i hear the piston needs to be unscrewed? Also the car brakes really well still but the pedal is a little soft, unscrewed the bleed bolt on front calipers and waitd about 5 minutes no fluid coming out, Blockage?
Second problem is my 3 speed auto has a bit of a clunk to its shift, if i boot the car when it shifts from first to second it almost spins the wheels cause it sort of slams into the next gear, would this just be band adjustment?, also the shifter is very loose, i assume there would be a bush i can replace as it wobbles from side to side.....
Third and final problem is now when you accelerate and decelerate theres a slight thud which seems to be coming from the diff, is it on its way out? could it just be a uni?
Any help from previous experience would be greatly appreciated guys
Cheers

Succesful trades with bentles_eb, Pane, chunkz, xr8_dismantler, OBS35N, mrnasty, Steady ED, voxace, Mash85, ovo616, ef biff, lukey, dazza2924, Seannyb, gunit18, jkk, Tocchi,

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

The piston isn't srewed in, it has a screw drive system on the back of the caliper which is twisted to push the piston in when using the handbrake. You need to unscrew it to push the piston back in, It s a two action system the piston works normal (hydraulic pressure) for regular braking and mechincally for the hand brake.

Uscewing the bleeder doesn't neccessarly mean you will see fluid, you need to pump the pedal and see what sort of a flow comes out of the bleeder.
If your pedal feels soft chances are the whole system needs bleeding, and as you are planning on rebuilding the calipers you will need to do that anyway.

Your tranny sounds as though it is crying out for a service.

Check a uni by sliding under the car and with the transmisson in netural and handbrake on, rotate the tailshaft backwards and forwards by hand, you should be able to feel/see where the play is coming from. If the uni's feel tight then yes your diff may be crook.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]