Fordmods Logo

Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels 

 

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
It would p!ss me off seeing a post EL car with EB/L GT wheels on it.
Ewww


wouldnt it be just as bad as seing ba/fg rims on a e series???????? :lol: :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
REW93N wrote:
It would p!ss me off seeing a post EL car with EB/L GT wheels on it.
Ewww


wouldnt it be just as bad as seing ba/fg rims on a e series???????? :lol: :P

OI!
It's fully sick, brah.

Why don't we just chuck some XF Snowflakes on your ED

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:10 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
REW93N wrote:
It would p!ss me off seeing a post EL car with EB/L GT wheels on it.
Ewww


wouldnt it be just as bad as seing ba/fg rims on a e series???????? :lol: :P

OI!
It's fully sick, brah.

Why don't we just chuck some XF Snowflakes on your ED


why not, they actually look alright.. ea had them on the ghias aswell so they still suit.. :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:00 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
MikkWylde wrote:
I think if this can be cast in both pre and post AU offset you might get more interest, some later model owners would definitely be interested in a set of 19's.

It would p!ss me off seeing a post EL car with EB/L GT wheels on it.
Ewww


Don't Rage Russ!!!

Image

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Image

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
REW93N wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
REW93N wrote:
It would p!ss me off seeing a post EL car with EB/L GT wheels on it.
Ewww


wouldnt it be just as bad as seing ba/fg rims on a e series???????? :lol: :P

OI!
It's fully sick, brah.

Why don't we just chuck some XF Snowflakes on your ED


why not, they actually look alright.. ea had them on the ghias aswell so they still suit.. :lol:

Or some nice 14" jelly bean mags!
There's actually some in the For Sale thread

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 34

Joined: 16th Nov 2011

Ride: TOO MANY :)

Location: Croydon
VIC, Australia

Stay on topic........... :roll:

The buy-in idea is an excellent one. How to work out the formalities, I have no idea.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 6

Joined: 13th Feb 2005

Location: mackay
QLD, Australia

Well today was an interesting one with regards to what the industry thinks of E series owners. Most places opinion is that E series owners are mostly low income earners. They also said that people who drive $2000 cars aren't usually kean on spending $2000 on rims and tyres. If they have a show quality car than they can buy Simmons or a set of billets. There is plenty of E series wheels on the market when you consider that the sell 20 sets of AU offset wheels to every 1 set of E series wheels. The other thing is that it takes 20 weeks to make the Die or Tool to make the rims, 4 weeks to test the rim to make sure it passes ADR's and then they have to make the 400 rims and paint and box them which i guess would take 1 month. I am not going to fund this on my own without others taking a gamble as well. Why should i buy 50 sets just so a few people can get what they want when i am taking the risk of getting stuck with them. No one in the wheel industry gives a toss about E series owners anymore. So it looks like this will stay just that A DREAM. Even though i am sure that some would pay up front, i cant see 50 or 60 people doing this to make it a reality. The fact remains that the greatest ever wheel Ford had made the EB GT wheel can be made in 19 inch but probably wont happen
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 34

Joined: 16th Nov 2011

Ride: TOO MANY :)

Location: Croydon
VIC, Australia

Did you get a price on getting the tooling made up?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 6

Joined: 13th Feb 2005

Location: mackay
QLD, Australia

I am going to talk to a couple of mates of mine that have a few dollars and see if i can come up with the money in full. Than if the EB wheels take off than the EL GT would follow than the EL FTR'S after that than maybe some further options after that. Maybe some of the EB GT wheels could be done in Silver or in the FPV Dark Agent colour as well as the normal Gold. Maybe also an option of some 9 1/2 inch rear wheels options if they would fit.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 34

Joined: 16th Nov 2011

Ride: TOO MANY :)

Location: Croydon
VIC, Australia

Mmmmmm, sounds good.......

Let me know, if you want me to go have a chat with ROH here in Vic.
Happy to smooth the process where-ever I can. :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 41

Joined: 9th Mar 2011

Ride: Ford EB Fairmont

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Im definately game for a set of EB GT rims.

Any progress on this????
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

liquid_ice wrote:
Im definately game for a set of EB GT rims.

Any progress on this????


No, there won't be. The cost of this will be huge.

I would be surprised if you can get the rims alone for under $1000 a corner selling the little volume that the OP's intend to. Anyone have an idea of the cost to get them ADR approved? Your best bet would be to try and get a wheel manufacturer to do them, but as said, highly unlikely.

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 6

Joined: 13th Feb 2005

Location: mackay
QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
liquid_ice wrote:
Im definately game for a set of EB GT rims.

Any progress on this????


No, there won't be. The cost of this will be huge.

I would be surprised if you can get the rims alone for under $1000 a corner selling the little volume that the OP's intend to. Anyone have an idea of the cost to get them ADR approved? Your best bet would be to try and get a wheel manufacturer to do them, but as said, highly unlikely.


These rims are going to be made by ROH and the prices quoted include having them crash tested and ADR approved. Maybe you should read the whole thread and ask a question if you dont know and not guess. I would only do it if it was done properly, thats the reason i want to use ROH and not a cheap chinese manufacturer.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 19inch EL GT wheels, and 19inch EB GT wheels
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

eaturbo wrote:
skidder wrote:
liquid_ice wrote:
Im definately game for a set of EB GT rims.

Any progress on this????


No, there won't be. The cost of this will be huge.

I would be surprised if you can get the rims alone for under $1000 a corner selling the little volume that the OP's intend to. Anyone have an idea of the cost to get them ADR approved? Your best bet would be to try and get a wheel manufacturer to do them, but as said, highly unlikely.


These rims are going to be made by ROH and the prices quoted include having them crash tested and ADR approved. Maybe you should read the whole thread and ask a question if you dont know and not guess. I would only do it if it was done properly, thats the reason i want to use ROH and not a cheap chinese manufacturer.


I might just mention that someone in this thread is well versed in the legal side of things..... There is a member here studying law.......

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this didn't happen, or if it did was more like the price of 3 piece wheels.....

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names