Fordmods Logo

diff and gearbox 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: diff and gearbox
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Alrighty. I am now on the prowl again for a 5spd boc from an EBII or above to go in my ED ghia. Once i get the manual box in, what should i do about my old s**t single spinner? I want to put an lsd in it, i was thinking of the 3.7 but i have no idea about costs or where i should go to get one other than wreckers and just hope it works.

I checked a bunch of threads but couldnt find one that had any sort of pricing or place recommended to find one?

I put the pedal box in but the guy who was doing the box hasnt returned any phone calls or messages and it was meant to go in on Saturday.

I pretty much need an entire conversion kit too except i have the pedal box and a new clutch cable already.

does anyone have a T5 from an EBII or above or could help me out sourcing the parts?

And I Kept Thinking... "How Can I Tell Her She Is F**king Hot Without Ruining The Conversation With My Pervertedness?"

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Re the T5 conversion, I took a year acquiring all the parts. If you are lucky you might find a complete one, but even then, you should get some new parts like clutch cable, clutch kit, spigot bearing etc anyway. Also, there is nothing wrong with using an EA box. I have one in my wagon, but I made sure I used the 6 bolt flywheel and clutch kit.

Re the Diff, I purchased an EF XR6 3.45 diff for $300 to find out the bearings were gone, and then spent around $550 getting it reconditioned.

You can get lucky and buy a diff for between $200 and $300 and they will still be in good nick, and may last you a number of years. If you want 3.7 gears, they were not a factory options, so will add a few hundred dollars to your total cost.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]