Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Diff issues
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF XR6T 2005

NSW, Australia

Hi All,

BF Turbo 2005

i have been having some weird issues which i think it bush related but wanted to share my thoughts.

i have been getting a vibration/clunk type noise which usually happens on gear change around 60km/h but also occurs around 40 & 80 where the gear change is slow (low revs).

Around 60km/h If i hear that clunk noise i can continuously put my foot on the accelerate and off again (not to the floor, about 1/4th) to make it do the noise over and over again, more of a vibration noise when i do the pedal thing.

I have had my middle & rear differential bushes replaced but when i took the ford mech for a drive, the noise wouldn't occur which is i think due to the fact i had been driving for a while and usually only occurs when engine is cold. they diagnosed it to the diff starting to fail.

I took my mechanic friend for a drive and the noises he heard is believed not to be diff failure as it would be a more of a grinding/metal noise if their were broken teeth etc.

We put the rear on car ramps as we noticed gear changes form drive to reverse were loudish, we put out foot on the brake and revved it a bit and constantly moved from park to drive and noticed the diff was moving and slightly twisting.

The diff isn't supposed to move that much i believe? We have purchased some nolathane Void inserts to see if that does anything but can only do two of them (middle bush and front right end support arm) as the left is hard to do with th4e fuel tank in the way with small ramps :)

Other related type issues
1. on full stop braking at times it feels the lower back of the car is catching up to the front when stopped.
2. small issues which i think are affecting the drive line.

Any thoughts?

Might possibly be front end bushes but looking underneath they looked okay, although we did not pull anything apart to check.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]