Fordmods Logo

Does the BA wagon have the same diff issues as the sedan? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Does the BA wagon have the same diff issues as the sedan?
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Sorry for the noobish question, I have read up on it for hours and I can't find anything conclusive.

Some posts say they are different and don't have the repetitive bush failing problem, others say they have diff issues too.

I am looking at buying a BA wagon, it's very clean, very straight and very stock and I don't want to get stuck with a having to replace the diff, frankly I don't have that kind of money right now. I am waiting on the service history

It's a 1995 BA II wagon, dedicated factory LPG/E-gas, at 199k and not an ex-taxi.

Thanks for your help :roll:

BF MKI e-gas wagon

Post subject: Re: Does the BA wagon have the same diff issues as the sedan?
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:36 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

AmiK wrote:
Sorry for the noobish question, I have read up on it for hours and I can't find anything conclusive.

Some posts say they are different and don't have the repetitive bush failing problem, others say they have diff issues too.

I am looking at buying a BA wagon, it's very clean, very straight and very stock and I don't want to get stuck with a having to replace the diff, frankly I don't have that kind of money right now. I am waiting on the service history

It's a 1995 BA II wagon, dedicated factory LPG/E-gas, at 199k and not an ex-taxi.

Thanks for your help :roll:

1st answer is .... are you sure it's a BA wagooon :?: :?: as i think 95 is EF & BA is 02-04/5.

but to answer ya main question re diffs - no they do not have the problems as per sedan bushes. the wagooons still have the same springs/mounting as per previous models [ say EA to AU. with only some minor changes]. main problems seem to be, lack of maintenance/lack of oil etc etc. if your worried about the diff take it for a test drive, that 'should' help you decide.

check for spring 'sag' tho & down here in mexico the tanks need to be checked & restamped every 10 years. check to make sure fuel gauge is working correctly & starts/runs well.

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
1st answer is .... are you sure it's a BA wagooon :?: :?: as i think 95 is EF & BA is 02-04/5.

but to answer ya main question re diffs - no they do not have the problems as per sedan bushes. the wagooons still have the same springs/mounting as per previous models [ say EA to AU. with only some minor changes]. main problems seem to be, lack of maintenance/lack of oil etc etc. if your worried about the diff take it for a test drive, that 'should' help you decide.

check for spring 'sag' tho & down here in mexico the tanks need to be checked & restamped every 10 years. check to make sure fuel gauge is working correctly & starts/runs well.

Sorry my bad, it's 05.

I am going to go for a test drive and throw it around a little. It does have a tow ball but I don't know how much towing it has done.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have ordered an OBD scanner but it won't arrive in time so Ill pay for a pre-purchase inspection.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

BF MKI e-gas wagon

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

AmiK wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Sorry my bad, it's 05.

I am going to go for a test drive and throw it around a little. It does have a tow ball but I don't know how much towing it has done.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have ordered an OBD scanner but it won't arrive in time so Ill pay for a pre-purchase inspection.

Ya just love the Wagooon's hey-you must have a good fleat of Wagooon's by now,lol I'm just yankin ya tow ball hey,but which diff problems do you mean?if you are comparing them to the BA/BF sedan then no they are alot different and more like the AU Wagooon's.
Cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

AmiK wrote:

Sorry my bad, it's 05.

no probs. also with my BF it's running very rich, i presume the converter has a problem due to the car being driven too long with the blown manifold gasket? [car was NOT looked after]. good thinking with the pre-purchase inspection, should help with another perspective. hopefully alll good for ya!.

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Ya just love the Wagooon's hey-you must have a good fleat of Wagooon's by now,lol I'm just yankin ya tow ball hey,but which diff problems do you mean?if you are comparing them to the BA/BF sedan then no they are alot different and more like the AU Wagooon's.
Cheers Johnny.

nothin wrong wth a goood wagooon! ..... :P

lets seee........ there's the white BF [lpg], then the BA [duel fuel], then the AU [duel fuel], then the EA Fairmont wagooon [duel fuel parts], then the 4 EB wagooons [gli & Fairmont with lpg on two] & the NF Fairlane [duel fuel] . . . . ..... :shock: the two EL's have gone.

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Mad2 wrote:
AmiK wrote:

Sorry my bad, it's 05.

no probs. also with my BF it's running very rich, i presume the converter has a problem due to the car being driven too long with the blown manifold gasket? [car was NOT looked after]. good thinking with the pre-purchase inspection, should help with another perspective. hopefully alll good for ya!.

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Cheers Johnny.

lets seee........ there's the white BF [lpg], then the BA [duel fuel], then the AU [duel fuel], then the EA Fairmont wagooon [duel fuel parts], then the 4 EB wagooons [gli & Fairmont with lpg on two] & the NF Fairlane [duel fuel] . . . . ..... :shock: the two EL's have gone.

Holy crap Batman "get the Bat Wagooon" :lol: yep that's a fleet alright -if I had more room I'd probably be over run with cars too. :roll:
Cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Cheers Johnny.

Holy crap Batman "get the Bat Wagooon" :lol: yep that's a fleet alright -if I had more room I'd probably be over run with cars too. :roll:
Cheers Johnny.

tryin ta cull some.........

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Just after I called they put the price up by $500 and now I do not trust them. I am in a remote area so the prices are higher, but an extra $500 means I am better off going interstate and perhaps picking up some parts while I am at it.

At 200k I expect to have to spend around 1k on it.

I am basically after something akin to a modern, comfortable panelvan.

I think they just lost a sale. :!: I am female but I am not stupid and I will not be scammed. Perhaps if it's still for sale in a month I will tell them to drop it by $500 and I'll consider it. :wink:

BF MKI e-gas wagon

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

if that is the way you feel about it ..... go with ya gut feeling

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:

They are going to do the right thing, well they say they will sell it to me for the original price, with inspection and roadside assistance.

I am more than likely going to have an aftermarket transmission fluid cooler fitted with a full transmission service.

I intend on driving about 4000km across this country, maybe towing. I need to make sure its 100% or close to it. (I am relocating)

BF MKI e-gas wagon

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:49 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

AmiK wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

They are going to do the right thing, well they say they will sell it to me for the original price, with inspection and roadside assistance.

I am more than likely going to have an aftermarket transmission fluid cooler fitted with a full transmission service.

I intend on driving about 4000km across this country, maybe towing. I need to make sure its 100% or close to it. (I am relocating)

and have it separate from the radiator too. her BF was changed to aftermarket & my BA will be changed too.

good luck on your move.

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
and have it separate from the radiator too. her BF was changed to aftermarket & my BA will be changed too.

good luck on your move.

Thank you

BF MKI e-gas wagon

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]