eb 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: eb
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford eb 5 spd manual

VIC, Australia

wat would be eaiser to put a manual transmission from my 6 cylinder eb into an 8 cylijnder eb or put the v8 motor in my 6??

Post subject: Re: eb
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Does the v8 come with a transmission?

Neither putting the 6cyl T5 behind a v8 or putting a v8 in a 6cyl EB is easy. Both are possible. Worth it?

You be the judge, but I've been contemplating doing a v8 conversion on my EB I6 Ghia. Yes I have the V8, a V8 t5, wiring & ecu to do it. Only reason not to is the LPG system. Injection in the Ghia to suit I6, and old impco 425 mixer setup in the v8.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford eb 5 spd manual

VIC, Australia

na it an auto n i got a t5 in my 6 now but would the power totally fuk the gear box and i thought it was a massive job to change engine i got quoted 2000 to do it :|

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:06 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

rodderz wrote:
na it an auto n i got a t5 in my 6 now but would the power totally fuk the gear box and i thought it was a massive job to change engine i got quoted 2000 to do it :|

If you do it yourself, it would be much cheaper...just time consuming and a lot of swearing.

T5 should withstand the power of the V8, however the I6 T5 won't fit the V8 directly. From what I remember, different bell housing and different input shaft length.

Either way you do it, you will have to change transmission to suit the engine.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Bellhousing & input are different, not sure but there may be more between a I6 & V8 box. T5's can withstand a mild v8 in stock form, as you could get factory manuals in GLI's & Xr8's. They were fairly rare tho, a v8 manual falcon. I must say they are fun to drive, not that I've driven either of my EB Xr8 manuals much yet, but what I have driven I have liked! :mrgreen:

V8 manual bellhousing, clutch fork and input shaft may be available on Ebay in the US if you can't source them locally. $2000 isn't too bad to do the conversion considering how much work is involved.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]