Fordmods Logo

EF bellhousing bolts 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: EF bellhousing bolts
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF XR6/EL Fairmont GHIA

VIC, Australia

Hi everyone. I am going to be converting my auto EF XR6 to manual soon and am missing some bolts from the conversion kit I bought (fair enough for the price I paid). I already have the 6 flywheel bolts but am missing the bellhousing bolts, clutch assembly bolts and the 4 bolts for the T5 to bellhousing (I believe these are 12mmx1.75in course thread and 15mm head). For the 6 clutch assembly bolts that I am missing for the pressure plate, I was just going to head down to my local bolt store (Cost Less Bolts) and figure those out unless someone here knows the specs so I can just pick them up with no fussing around.

But as for the bellhousing bolts, are the auto bolts the same as the bolts required for the manual bellhousing? I don't want to remove the auto just to figure that out and was hoping someone here already knows the answer. I of course have both bellhousings, but only the bolts in the auto currently installed. Hoping to convert before the New Year.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: EF bellhousing bolts
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

E-series wrote:

But as for the bellhousing bolts, are the auto bolts the same as the bolts required for the manual bellhousing? I don't want to remove the auto just to figure that out and was hoping someone here already knows the answer. I of course have both bellhousings, but only the bolts in the auto currently installed. Hoping to convert before the New Year.

Thanks!

same bolts

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
same bolts

Thanks!

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Just went down to try and sort out the rest of the bolts with no luck. Also rang Etheridge Ford and they quoted me the part number for the 6 clutch assembly bolts (but they don't have the specs) and can order them in. I really need them sooner than that and I bet it will be damn expensive, too. Part number was E602550S303.

So basically as of now I have the correct bellhousing bolts (from auto) and the 6 flywheel bolts. Can anyone help me with the specifications of the remaining bolts that I need? I need: 6 bolts for the clutch assembly (pressure plate etc) and the four bolts for the bellhousing to the T5 itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Not sure, but I think the Bellhousing to Gearbox bots are the same, ring Ford and ask them.

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Not sure, but I think the Bellhousing to Gearbox bots are the same, ring Ford and ask them.

Cheers. Just rang them again then and they dont have any info on those 4 at all. Ordered the 6 pressure plate bolts though. $27 or so (picking them up tomorrow morning). Probably $7 from a bolt place but I need them tomorrow and I've no idea what specs etc they are. No risk in getting genuine though so I'm happy.

Now to sort out these 4 bellhousing to T5 bolts. Could indeed be same as for auto. Am researching that now.

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Think the pressure plate bolts have a captive spring washer maybe? Probably be really hard to find if not getting genuine...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Think the pressure plate bolts have a captive spring washer maybe? Probably be really hard to find if not getting genuine...

Cheers,
Tim

Yeah I figured I'd best to get genuine so I ordered directly from ford and picking them up tomorrow. Apparently dimensions are as follows: M10 X 1.25 X 16 grade 8.8

Now trying to find the last 4 bolts that I need (bellhousing to T5).
Apparently are:

Diameter: 12mm
1.75 pitch, course thread
Length: 1.5in
Head: 15mm

Called two places now and no luck. 15mm head throws them off the most. Will obviously be fine with a smaller bolt head as long as it's not too small and a washer is used. Finding 8.8 grade is also pretty challenging.

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Most ford bolts are odd because of the socket size... If you could find any M12x1.75 grade 8.8 bolts I wouldnt be too concerned about the socket size as long as you can get a socket to fit (can't remember the orientation as to where they're up against the side or not) M12 usually have a 18mm socket size, but some (inc stainless) have a 19mm socket size...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

Use the bolts that hold the auto extension housing to main body for gearbox to belhousing.

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks everyone. Managed to get the required bolts from Autobarn oddly enough. Picking up the bolts I ordered from Ford tomorrow morning and I should be all set as far as bolts are concerned.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]