EF suspension and components 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: EF suspension and components
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I want to upgrade the gear here and was looking in what i should do.

I am certain on King Super Lows with a camber kit.

I want to replace all the bushes.

But what i want to know is what should i do in the way of a panarm rod, sway bars and anything i should do.

Anyone?

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

yeah a set of whiteline swaybars, some good shocks.

falcons dont have panarm rod, cant remeber the proper name for what we have, but can it be upgraded?

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

rushed wrote:

falcons dont have panarm rod, cant remeber the proper name for what we have, but can it be upgraded?

I seen an adjustable one on a worked commy at the wreckers once. Bent to all f**k too.

I already got some monroe GT GAS so i wont be doing anything to them before they crap out.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

The Falcon has a watts linkage setup on the rear suspension. It restricts the rear axle to purely vertical movement... commodore setup the diff can move laterally...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Monroe and superlow springs dont work well together as you need shortened shocks/struts for impreoved suspension travel. Monroe do not make any shortened shocks/struts even if they have a description for lowered suspension. The bottom line is with Monroe and Superlows you will be running close to if not on the bump stops giving a very hard and bouncy ride.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

rushed wrote:

That thingy at the back is called a "Watts Linkage". They are better than a Panard rod.
You could use Superpro bushes, They make them for every bush in the car.
Big sway bars help heaps with handling. Monroe shockies are quite good for the price.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sorry to hijack, I've got superlows and some new Pedders Comfort shocks (not shortened) ready to go in my EF.

Are these shocks going to be the wrong combo?

Re the bushes, I was looking to purchase a full Nolathane kit, but my mechanic has talked me out of it - he said that while it will handle a little better, it will need constant re-greasing and the squeaking will drive me insane! So no urethane bushes for me!

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

joolz wrote:
Monroe and superlow springs dont work well together as you need shortened shocks/struts for impreoved suspension travel. Monroe do not make any shortened shocks/struts even if they have a description for lowered suspension. The bottom line is with Monroe and Superlows you will be running close to if not on the bump stops giving a very hard and bouncy ride.

Ok. I was in a mates EB XR6 with monroe gt gas and king super low and i thought it was nice. U guess i can only get the camber kit and super lows and if the shocks treat me too bad, flog them off to a mate cheap and get something better.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stomper wrote:
joolz wrote:

Ok. I was in a mates EB XR6 with monroe gt gas and king super low and i thought it was nice. U guess i can only get the camber kit and super lows and if the shocks treat me too bad, flog them off to a mate cheap and get something better.

I had Monroe GT's and super lows in my last car (a Corolla I'm sorry to say) and while it did ride and handle well, within a year the shocks were cactus I must say! And that was with pretty normal driving, in fact 95% of it being sitting on 100 on the freeway.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

If you want it to handle you'll have to rebuild the whole system from scratch. Avoid doing things on the cheap and you'll get good results - when it comes to suspension you get what you pay for. You'll need shocks, springs, front sway bar and bushes. Many people run King springs but personally i find them a little too stiff & 'choppy'.

I had the Pedders Sportsryder system fitted and while it did the job it was far from ideal. I replaced the shocks with Koni Yellows, changed all bushes, fitted a 30mm Whiteline bar (front only) and carried over my original Pedders springs (rears reset). The car now sits about 17mm lower than and its more comfortable than it was before..

V8 Windsor here we come.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]