Fordmods Logo

EF transmission issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF transmission issues
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF wagon

NSW, Australia

Gday guys. Ive got a stock EF wagon and Im having issues with the box flaring and slipping at about 1800rpm up to 2200rpm when taking it easy, then hard shifting into gear. Im worried that its going to go when Im away or something and have trouble getting home.

When its cold it shifts fine and doesnt slip. The last few days its been pretty cool here and its been behaving a lot better, still slipping slightly but nowhere near as bad. It doesnt have an oil cooler attached, which is the first thing I want to change, as big as possible Im thinking.

Is there any other mods I can do to prolong the life out of it? Ive noticed posts talking about bypassing the S3, S4 and S5 solenoids to reduce slipping, anything like this applicable?

Ive given it a service but didnt fully pump out the converter and lines. It behaved better after the filter and fluid change. Im now aware how to change all the fluid properly but cant afford another $100+ of oil, plus dont want to throw precious $$ into it if Im going to throw a new trannie in soon. Can get another transmission with 3 months warranty from the wreckers for $330

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated

Cheers, Stu

Post subject: Re: EF transmission issues
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

transmittion cooler will deffinately help, but it kinda sounds like its a slow and painful death ahead

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im clutching at straws a bit I know

the term "flogging a dead horse" is somewhat fitting I think. Cheers for your reply

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

Is the car worth it?

But $330 is less than half what i was quoted for a trans recently . . . how many kays, any probs?

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

$330 was from a wreckers in campbelltown with 3 months warranty. I think car is worth it, just got gas put on and I finally own a wagon. Wreckers around here (wollongong) quoted $550 which I thought was a bit pricey.

I not sure if I can ask how many KM. I can pull one out at a do it yourself wreckers but dont want the hassle and the chance of a car on dodgy stands falling on me. At least that way I can check the condition of the car. The wreckers said theyve only had one gearbox warranty issue. I can go parts and labour 6 months warranty for $440, which I guess means they will make sure they sell me a decent box cause they have to fit new one if there is an issue.

Money and decisions.............

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]