EL auto problems 

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

66 coupe wrote:
Bozz wrote:
Another question - my car is a manual (been converted) and no symptoms occur on mine. When I swap it back to my mates car the problems occur again. I noticed mine runs a bit rougher on petrol now which I couldnt give a stuff about since its always on LPG so would a dodgy TPS cause any other issues I'm not aware of on my car?

Reason I'm asking is I'm happy to have hte dodgy one since I can't tell any difference, it'll save my mate buying one instead he can get me bourbon :)

The TPS still runs your ignition timing, and idle control, so if its dodgey, it can still cause a few issues to arise even though its a manual.
Best to replace it, and be done with it.... might have to miss out on the drinks though :wink:

Not too worried about idle, since I converted it to manual I hated the way it had no engine braking so I disconnected the ISC and connected it to the AC compressor wire with a restrictor between it and the manifold, the car runs rough and sometimes stalls for the first minute of starting the motor however I'd rather live with that than a car thats s**t to drive because of no engine braking.

Still noticed no problems at all and my mates car is running perfectly, I'll go dyno it again when I'm back from my holiday and I'll see if I have lost any power or whatever. I'm keeping a close eye on fuel consumption too, if it affects it I'll get him to buy me a TPS.

Cheers all

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2