Fordmods Logo

Few Suspension Q's 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

im as above, whiteline with swaybars. f**k excellent! worth every cent.

you wont regret going the better stuff from whiteline

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 157

Joined: 14th Jul 2006

Ride: EL

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Thanks for the feedback guys. Rang the insurance company today and after a long chat with them, they said that my policy and premium would not be affected after the alterations. The only thing which it would incur is an extra $500 excess in the event of a claim which has something to do with a new clause they introduced last year regarding changes to the vehicle's manufacturers specs. Something to do with a 'possible cause' of the incident. Apparently even if the alterations are within govt. regulation, they still look at it as a modification which may have contributed to an incident. Load of C%#P if you ask me.
Hey nicco. Your EF sits quite nice on the road in your photo gallery. Those control springs you using also? Mate. Looks the goods for a 35mm drop. Are you on 15 or 16in rims? Will post pics when i get my setup installed.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hazzard wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Rang the insurance company today and after a long chat with them, they said that my policy and premium would not be affected after the alterations. The only thing which it would incur is an extra $500 excess in the event of a claim which has something to do with a new clause they introduced last year regarding changes to the vehicle's manufacturers specs. Something to do with a 'possible cause' of the incident. Apparently even if the alterations are within govt. regulation, they still look at it as a modification which may have contributed to an incident. Load of C%#P if you ask me.
Hey nicco. Your EF sits quite nice on the road in your photo gallery. Those control springs you using also? Mate. Looks the goods for a 35mm drop. Are you on 15 or 16in rims? Will post pics when i get my setup installed.


That's pretty gay...so if you get aftermarket springs with the same height as stock they'll claim it as a modification? or just lowered?

Just hope you don't get into an accident to make a claim and pay the extra $500 excess.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 157

Joined: 14th Jul 2006

Ride: EL

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
Hazzard wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Rang the insurance company today and after a long chat with them, they said that my policy and premium would not be affected after the alterations. The only thing which it would incur is an extra $500 excess in the event of a claim which has something to do with a new clause they introduced last year regarding changes to the vehicle's manufacturers specs. Something to do with a 'possible cause' of the incident. Apparently even if the alterations are within govt. regulation, they still look at it as a modification which may have contributed to an incident. Load of C%#P if you ask me.
Hey nicco. Your EF sits quite nice on the road in your photo gallery. Those control springs you using also? Mate. Looks the goods for a 35mm drop. Are you on 15 or 16in rims? Will post pics when i get my setup installed.


That's pretty gay...so if you get aftermarket springs with the same height as stock they'll claim it as a modification? or just lowered?

Just hope you don't get into an accident to make a claim and pay the extra $500 excess.

phong =P~
Nah phongus. Lowered. If you maintain the manufacturers specs, they wont care. According to the insurance company, even if you drop the original ride height as little as 1cm, that is considered by them as a modification. I know its quite petty stuff.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

Hazzard wrote:
Hey nicco. Your EF sits quite nice on the road in your photo gallery. Those control springs you using also? Mate. Looks the goods for a 35mm drop. Are you on 15 or 16in rims? Will post pics when i get my setup installed.


cheers mate. yeah i am just using control springs. i reckon it sits pretty good too!! :lol: it was lower than i expected.

and yeah, i'm using 15" rims, good cheap tyres at least! :P definately post up pics once your done

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 157

Joined: 14th Jul 2006

Ride: EL

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Well, as promised i said i would post pics after the install of the Whiteline Control springs and Boge short strokes.
Unfortunately there was an issue with the rear springs and both Whiteline and Car Torque in SA are trying to get to the bottom of things.
After installing the springs, the fronts turned out perfect lowering the front end by 25mm. The rears for some mysterious reason dropped initially by 40mm and after nearly 2 weeks of driving, the a** end is now sitting between 45 and 50mm lower 'Hub to Guard measurement'. This i would say is super low territory. Handling and ride quality of the vehicle is a dramatic transformation and is superb for just a spring and shock upgrade. Great combo indeed. But unfortunately i am only able to drive with a small amount of fuel in the tank and no rear passengers, as this basically causes the rear end to sag even more, putting too much pressure on the shocks and experiencing driveline vibration. Spoke to Whiteline direct and they were shocked. They said that this is not at all right and would send a new set of rear springs and told me to speak to Car Torque and let them know of this problem. Even the mob at Car Torque freaked out and said that this was not right and that the rear should not be sitting that low.
Anyway, hope to get things fixed soon and then maybe look at some Whiteline sway bars to complement the suspension package.

 

 

Attachments:
File comment: Stock Coil vs Whiteline Coil
Springs.jpg
Springs.jpg [ 52.2 KiB | Viewed 31 times ]
File comment: After
After.jpg
After.jpg [ 52.57 KiB | Viewed 29 times ]
File comment: Before
Before.jpg
Before.jpg [ 56.84 KiB | Viewed 33 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

excellent to hear mate

whiteline really know their s**t dont they. and do the swaybars... you know you want to!! :P

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 354

Joined: 27th Jun 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghiaaaaa!

Location: Wesside, Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I had the wrong front springs sent to me, they seem a bit useless at sending stuff out :x

and yeah, go the swaybars :wink:

 

_________________

Image
Whiteline'd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

actually, now you mention it, they sent me the wrong swaybar bushes.

but they are good at designing the systems in the first place, and they are good at replacing s**t if they got it wrong first time round! :lol:

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 188

Joined: 13th Mar 2008

Ride: EL Falcon XR6

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

EB92 wrote:
Hey FowlerJ,
I'm assuming that you are doing the suspension work on
your EB. As such, I'll pass on what I have learned from
doing my car, an EB also.

- I chose King "Low" springs. These drop the car
approximately 35mm lower than standard. "Super Low"
springs will drop the car approximately 55mm.
These figures were confirmed to me by email from King Springs.
I'm sure that if you ask other manufacturers, they should give
you some figures.

- I also put in new shocks all round and a shim type camber kit
on the front end. I used KYB shocks at the front and Monroe
GT gas on the rear. The camber kit is a Nolathane type.
I understand that shortened shocks are required for super low,
not low.

- I chose the "Low" springs for performance, practicality, and
insurance.

- The install was done by a mechanic mate of mine, with me
assisting. Took 4 hrs all up. Pretty straight forward, but the
right tools are needed.

- I got a wheel alignment straight after the install to keep the
front end tidy and save undue wear on the tyres.

- All up, it was well worth the $$ and the car is a dream in the
corners.........!!!

Best of luck.


Thanks mate! That reply was exactly what I was after!

I have gone with the Low springs - for pretty much the reasons you gave there....I think it'll just reduce headaches in the long run at least!

These springs are Selby brand......I did ask about Whitlines and he said he's see what he could do.....so I was slightly disappointed with the Selby's - but if you Google Selbys it opens to a Whiteline Suspension page........interesting! :P

I've also got myself a mechanic friend who can install them for me so hopefully within the week I'll be looking good!

 

_________________

1997 EL Falcon XR6 Sedan
Cold Air Intake | Sequential Scoop | Pacemaker 4480 & 2.5" Exhaust

1976 XB Falcon 500 Wagon
Sherwood Green | 3spd/250CI | Hurricane Extractors + Custom Twin 2" Exhaust | Running Whitewalls on a 2.5" Drop

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3184

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

yeah, whiteline bought out selbys springs back in the 90s i think

 

_________________

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 188

Joined: 13th Mar 2008

Ride: EL Falcon XR6

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

nicco wrote:
yeah, whiteline bought out selbys springs back in the 90s i think


Ah ok no worries then....hopefully it'll all be good!

 

_________________

1997 EL Falcon XR6 Sedan
Cold Air Intake | Sequential Scoop | Pacemaker 4480 & 2.5" Exhaust

1976 XB Falcon 500 Wagon
Sherwood Green | 3spd/250CI | Hurricane Extractors + Custom Twin 2" Exhaust | Running Whitewalls on a 2.5" Drop

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names