Fordmods Logo

FG xr6 knock under acceleration 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: FG xr6 knock under acceleration
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford FG XR6

SA, Australia

Maughan thiem ford have had the car 4 times now and still cannot fix (or will not) whichever way you look at it. Any other ideas? Im starting to think about pulling driveshafts apart and inspecting cvs etc. Obviously ford dealers dont give a s**t or arent worth s**t. They say its a characteristic of the car........ Its funny when i bought it i didnt see knocks in the options section of the brochure and if it was there i wouldnt have ordered it.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:03 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

They have now admitted diff problems. A new diff is being ordered through Ford, so once that is fitted we will see if the noise is gone. Stay tuned.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Make them give you an optioned LSD for the hassles they've caused!!

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Make them give you an optioned LSD for the hassles they've caused!!
Like thats gonna happen...... its taken them 2 years to admit theres a problem let alone upgrading it.

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I'd push for it... lol

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Fg is going in to have its diff replacement tomorrow under warranty. Will let u guys know if problem is then fixed.

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2012 Ford XR6 Limited

VIC, Australia

In all my time working at ford in the service deptment i havent seen many diffs been replaced with knocks in rear the very most common issue is diff bushes and ball joints ive seen and mainly in territorys but in saying that there have been a few diff rear diff bushes been replaced in fg's and also rear cradle frames as well.

So im curious if it is really a diff, maybe they should just try diff bushes first or doing it at the same time since the rear end needs to come out at the same time.

Ill be very interested to see if the diff replacement actually fixes the problem.

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Jippo wrote:
In all my time working at ford in the service deptment i havent seen many diffs been replaced with knocks in rear the very most common issue is diff bushes and ball joints ive seen and mainly in territorys but in saying that there have been a few diff rear diff bushes been replaced in fg's and also rear cradle frames as well.

So im curious if it is really a diff, maybe they should just try diff bushes first or doing it at the same time since the rear end needs to come out at the same time.

Ill be very interested to see if the diff replacement actually fixes the problem.

That's because by the time it gets to that, most people are jack of the piss poor attitude you get from Ford service that they just have it done at a private workshop.

The ONLY reason We got dads BA ute diff replaced was because I know what i'm talking about and dumped a bunch of photos on the service managers desk, 30mins later there was a tow truck picking the ute up.

The previous day, they 'checked' the diff and said it was fine to keep driving. They couldn't have 'checked' much as the only thing holding the drivers side axle in was the brake caliper and they didn't see it.

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Jippo wrote:

They say they have already checked all bushes, wether thats s**t or not, who knows. I dont trust these pricks at all, i have aready caught them out numerous times not doing what they should. It s**t me off that i am a marine mechanic that works to the best of my ability and yet these a**hole are hopeless.

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

My work is constantly doing diff bushes for territorys and sedans, some people cant understand how many we actually do, most are under warranty. We quote diff bushes even with the slightest crack in them and usually we get the job and fix them. Usually when diff bushes go they knock in the rear end under acceleration.

by the way i dont remember seeing it in here but what year and kilometres has your xr6 done? forgive if it has already been asked

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Jippo wrote:
My work is constantly doing diff bushes for territorys and sedans, some people cant understand how many we actually do, most are under warranty. We quote diff bushes even with the slightest crack in them and usually we get the job and fix them. Usually when diff bushes go they knock in the rear end under acceleration.

by the way i dont remember seeing it in here but what year and kilometres has your xr6 done? forgive if it has already been asked

Has now only done 32000kms but i have had this problem since approx 12000kms. I bought the car new so i know what it was like from brand new, no one else drives it but me, so when these d***head told me it was a characteristic of the car i wasn't happy. Options list when i bought it was not Cruise control, Power windows, Knock in rear!.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

New diff has now been fitted. Ill assess over the next week wether the knock is gone.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

They got that in quick... Ford had my car for a week trying to fix a wiring issue that they 'fixed' cough cough. Hopefully it's gone man, nothing worse than a car that makes knocking noises when you drive.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

There had been an issue quite some time ago with ford and dealership pre-delivery inspections where from what the bullentin was saying was all diffs must have the oil checked, and if need to be topped up to where it should be, which every few cars now we are having to top up the fluid for it, and have had to replace a couple too in FG and also one in a Territory

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Have driven car for a week now since diff replacement........ no noise whatsoever. Maybe if they listened to me 2 years ago it would have been fixed 2 years ago. Pretty bad that you have to threaten ford with embarressment b4 they do something.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2