Fordmods Logo

Fg xr6t motor and gearbox put into my Bf mk2 fairmont 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Fg xr6t motor and gearbox put into my Bf mk2 fairmont
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2006 Bf fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hi guys ive just put an fg xr6t into my 06 bf fairmont and currently running the standard 4 speed auto wanting to now whats involved in putting the zf6t gearbox which was on the fg motor, is it a case of piggy backing the computers from both motors etc or can i get an adapter lume to plug into my bf computer and then tune it to suit?. reason i ask is ive already had my bf computer unlocked and hp tuned

Post subject: Re: Fg xr6t motor and gearbox put into my Bf mk2 fairmont
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

I think you're going to have to change nearly all the wiring,I think the ECU and gearbox are matched to each other so you really need the ECU that the box came from,I have contemplated the same using the ZF but don't have the matching ECU.
Apparently the ZF has part of the software in the box itself so HP Tuner can't do anything there-I know TCM-2000 (TCM=trans control module)is supposed to work with the ZF box,gives you full control over shifts and allows you to add stuff like paddle shifters etc
What ECU are you using now BF or FGT?

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Post subject: Re: Fg xr6t motor and gearbox put into my Bf mk2 fairmont
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2006 Bf fairmont

VIC, Australia

Thats just it.ive got my bf computer and best part of my loom besides the gearbox part of lume and put the fg injector rail sequence into my computer,i do have the gearbox and the fg computer and loom that was on it when i bought it. this is where im a little confused all i had to do to run the 4spd was put the fly wheel from the bf onto the fg motor and it runs fine. and my car was one of the last bf's made in 2006 which came out with the zf gearboxes weather they were 5spd or 6spd, all ive been able to find out is that because they changed the layout and running gear with the fg series so it sounds like "due to the layout i would have to piggy back the computers together and have the fg computer designated to just running the motor and gearbox itself and the bf computer runing the rest of the car,.??? so bit of a grey area there in that regard, i mean if the bf was supposed to have an upgraded zf to begin with and if its able to run a 4spd just by changing the fly wheel i would suspect it has the capabilities

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]