Fordmods Logo

fitting powerglide to SOHC/DOHC XG van 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: fitting powerglide to SOHC/DOHC XG van
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just posting this cause i wanna learn some stuffs

I have a 6cyl glide that will be happy with 400rwkw just chillen in my shed to use one day.
assuming i have the bellhousing, what else needs to be considered or what is actually required to make it fit and work?

Ie. Will it all fit?
What mods are requied to the tailshaft after changing the yoke?
I have a 2 piece shaft i had made to fit the glide in the vh sle, would it bw worth having that made shorter/longer and modifying stuff to fit the centre bearing or just change the yolk on a standard falcon shaft and have it made shorter/longer?

I have had the gearbox running on my old vh sle with a turbo 202, so im just curious to hear of there is anything different thats needs to be looked at in a falcon and also would love to hear of any tips or tricks to do while i still have the box out.

I'm thinking of getting the box checked by a workshop to see whats in it, how muh should i expect to pay for an inspection?
Id also like to hear about what size and brand converter you have used with what turbo so i can get an idea of what works and what doesn't and how the converter changes the box characteristics.
I will be using a gt4202 with at the moment 3.23 gears, but id like to change to 3.45 to increase revs over the 1/4 mile.

Anyone with info on transbrake setups would be great also.

Any other info about this box working in an XG would be great also :), no idea if that makes any difference but thought id ask!

Id like to hear from those that have had the setup running in any falcon as im curious to hear what high stall and diff gears work for people - i know alot of other stuff like turbo and cam changes the way the car drives, but still the more the merrier when it comes to gathering info.
It will be a fair while before this goes into the car so ive got plenty of time to learn and get s**t right :)

If theres already a thread with this info, sorry, put up a link and ill see if it answers the questions im asking

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]