Fordmods Logo

fitting thermos 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

guys,one more question,should i fit a ef/el shroud around the thermos or not bother?

reason i ask is that the car overheated a bit when i took it for a drive without the orig shroud on and wondered if it would be the same with the thermos?

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

yeh the shroud should stay on

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:40 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2010 g6e turbo

SA, Australia

NC 5ltr wrote:
could someone tell me how to get theclutch fan off please.

i now its anti-clockwise thread but how doi budge it with the fan moving?

cheers

v8 is different than six ,it has a r/h thread(clockwise) not l/h like a 6cyl and input nut is 36mm not 32 mm.also you can buy a pump hub securing tool or if you have the skill you can make one you can find a tech drawing in MAX ELLERY workshop manual EP.F4 . hub tools are also different.

2010 G6E TURBO

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA/G ute, EB XR6,

WA, Australia

yer i have a thermatic switch from supercheap n that reads off ur coolant temp and i can set the thermos to come in at start up or up till the red, of course i have it set low

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EA-EB-ED-Twin-Th ... dZViewItem

wiring loom to fit,suppose to be easy as. $110 + $15 postage

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thermos are on and running but the clutch fan is still on as well but will be getting rid of it tomorrow.

they work well and its all automatic to with no toggle switches,comes on automatically when the ac is on and is running low speed constently(sp) when driving.

still have to put the temp switch in which will cause the fans to come on to high speed if the car gets to hot but that wont be a problem,i just need to tap the thermostat hole and all will be good.

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

My bro sells the wiring kit that I designed.. It runs EF/EL Fans on dual speed with allowance for A/C. On idle with normal temp no a/c on it runns low speed, when the temp reaches 95deg, or the A/C is turned on, the fan runs high speed. With some electrical know how you can make the EF fans run 3 speed, but I dont think thats necessary. Its had great success in the past year. He is selling all over OZ. Now a high demapnd item

smoke_rubber wrote:
you can buy a davies craig switch which goes into your top radiator hose, and that switches your thermos on. it's also adjustable. I'm not a big fan as it looks messy, but it does do the job.

you can also buy a kit from jaycar which just taps into your existing temperature circuit and will switch when the resistance is low enough (also adjustable).

someone was telling me last week about getting a switch out of a corolla or pulsar and tapping a hole or re-tapping the hole in the thermostat housing, and using that to switch earth.
that might be worth looking into a bit more, but you would want it to switch at the right temperature.

I much prefer switching earth for the thermos, as it's easier to wire up, but this diagram shows you how to do it the way most people know how.

I borrowed the basic picture off huggiebear but added the necessary wiring. I hope this helps.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just installed them on my car mate,but i would like to now how to get them to run on the 3rd speed.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2