Ford au 2 brakes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford au 2 brakes
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2012 Ford FG XR6 ute (Gas)

VIC, Australia

Hi there,

In needing of my pads and rotors changed but just wanting to find out what brand is best to go with??

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Ford au 2 brakes
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

There's a lot of opinions about pads. I have QFM HPX pads on both my XR6s (EF and AU2) and am very impressed with them. When I bought the AU2 it had new-ish standard rotors and Bendix GCT pads. The braking was pathetic, even with the twin-piston calipers. Switched to QFM HPX pads, and the braking is fantastic. Minimal dust, great initial bite, long-wearing, and easy on the rotors. I have 35,000 kms on the pads and there is plenty of life left in them, as well as in the rotors. I haven't done any circuit work or high speed twisties, so don't know how fade-resistant they are. But they are rated to reasonably high temperatures, so should be good.

On my EF, I switched from EBC Greenstuff (R) and Redstuff (F) on slotted rotors, and won't be going back. EBC were good for the first few thousand kms, but performance rapidly deteriorated.

As for rotors, I have had DBA slotted (F & R) and cross-drilled (F only) on my EF for years, and they are great, but a little pricey. I lent my son the car for the holidays last year, and he was raving about the brakes, after doing about 3000 kms - a lot of it "spirited" driving through mountain twisties.

I have just bought some Surestop cross-drilled and slotted rotors from Online Autoparts for when my AU2 needs new ones - the price was great. I haven't put them on yet, so don't know how they perform, but the quality looks excellent: the holes are chamfered and the general workmanship seems top-notch. http://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/buy/2 ... /ZPN-03369
They have a combo deal with Tora pads, but I have no idea how good (or bad) these pads are. http://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/buy/2 ... /ZPN-03417

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:39 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

imo the bendix ct are rubbish!, there h/d are pretty good or if you want really good bendix pads there are the srt pads but they are mega dusty and are rather expensive..

in saying that I paid near $100 for bendix h/d and they were pretty good,
but since then I replaced the calipers and rotors to fg turbo ones, put a set of $40 rda extreme h/d pads and while they are a more dusty they out perform the bendix h/d... not to mention half the cost..lol

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:27 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I got the SRT's they are brilliant, but as dusty as your nan's garage. Small price to pay in my book though, Also worth having a look on Summit, Hawk pads that we have here for $250++ can be had for just a crack over $100 plus delivery.

I know what I am doing when its time to change pads again, but I have the "luxury" of C4 calipers. pretty common in the states.

O'h Bendix CT's are woeful, as are the ferodo equivalent,

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2012 Ford FG XR6 ute (Gas)

VIC, Australia

Thank you for all the advice guys and it really helped me out!

Cheers
Ben

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]