Fordmods Logo

Ford El Superlows (What shockers?) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford El Superlows (What shockers?)
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont & 92 Ford Eb

VIC, Australia

gday just curious what shockers to be using for my SuperLow King spring rears. im currently driving with super low in the front and normal lows in the back cause somone decided to buy lows at the shop instead of getting me my super low shockers cause the car was ''too low'' -.-. miss it sitting dumped on its a**, what brand and how much am i lookin at for rear super low shockers. cheeerss :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Ford El Superlows (What shockers?)
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Let me get this right.
In the front you have: Superlow Springs , Superlow Shocks
In the rear you have: Superlow Springs, Low Shocks

As for choice and price, you have anything from ultima shocks at around $200 for the set.
Or you can go for something good: Koni reds/yellows. Do a search on here for koni shocks. The yellows got a really good review and are meant to be nice and responsive, which is a good thing when you drive a road barge...

Cheers

Sam

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

nah i originally had super lows all around but my stock shockers died and dad sooked about it being too low and took it to pedders and got just Low springs & shockers put in the rear i did tell him to get shocks for my super lows but no -.-, so now my front has super low kings and rear has normal low pedders.
Been told 169 for monroe shockers in the rear by autobarnsie bro.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Just make sure whatever shocks you get that you intend to use with superlows or even ultralows are "short stroke" shockers, designed to work with shorter/lower springs. Otherwise the shocker will bottom out before the bumpstop is reached. That's a really, really bad thing.

I have pedders comfort gas all round in my Eb Ghia, short stroke versions designed to be used with lowered springs.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks thats very helpful, ive been quoted average of 180$ for shockers pedders. 169 for monroes from autobarnsie bro but i like ur idea for the shocks. im sick of my a** end sticking up and my front tucking wheel lol..cops may look at me more often but what can ya do, as long as everythin is 100ml off i should be sweet unless a highway patrol pulls me over, already been pulled over by them for my p plates they arnt very leaniant people lol.

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

$180 sounds like they are "comfort gas" shocks, and I've had a good run out of mine. 100mm is the limit, but I must admit, since the ultralows have been fit in the front of my Ghia, I'm scraping the exhaust on even more speed humps than before. It's over 100mm off the concrete, but I also have 2 exhaust hangers that are stretched, so I need to replace them & then re-measure.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]