Grinding/Scraping noise 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Grinding/Scraping noise
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ED GLi

SA, Australia

Hi guys

My ED Falcon 4.0 makes this grinding/scraping metal on metal sorta sound when I brake and when I coast most of the time, its pretty much there constantly to some degree. The sounds gets more intense when I brake to a gradual stop. Upon some advice, I recently (today) installed a new bearing kit, (yes I did pack the bearings), new rotors (RDA's) and new pads (Bendix General ct) on the FRONT of the car, as I thought that the sound was from there.

Well, nothing changed sounds wise. I'm feeling pretty annoyed about this at the moment and a mate reckons it could even be my diff bearings.

So, when I go around corners the sound often gets a bit louder or more intense, and it is really starting to bug the crap out of me. Has anyone had an experience like this before? I would really appreciate any assistance in this. thanks

something I should mention about the sound is that when cruising, the sound is often there but it sounds like its in a loop, as to say that it sounds like something that is slightly bent or off centre, making contact at a certain point.

cheers

Post subject: Re: Grinding/Scraping noise
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

check that the handbrake isnt still contacting when you release it and change the rear brakes pads and rotors

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]