Fordmods Logo

Help on choosing the right brake pads and disks. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Help on choosing the right brake pads and disks.
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

Hey all, I'm in need of changing my brakes because they are squealing. There are no shutters when braking at any speed. I'm unsure of the brands that are on the car now. What are some really good brake pads that I could get for my Ford Ba Fairmont Ghia, something that will last me ages and not leave much brake dusts. Also what kind of disks are good to buy as well?

Cheers -Corey

Post subject: Re: Help on choosing the right brake pads and disks.
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I think there are several threads on this already. There are lots of opinions, so have a search on this forum.

I have had great experience with QFM HPX pads on my XR6s for over five years now. Low dust, great stopping power, long-lasting, but not cheap. Bought mine from GSL Rallysport.

Any quality branded rotor should be fine: RDA, DBA, etc. Avoid cheap no-name or own-brand rotors, as they are usually not up to OEM standards and tend to warp, though they will stop the car. I did it once, and never again - lasted three months.

BTW, brake squeal is usually caused by the pads vibrating. If your brakes are otherwise fine, buy some anti-squeal adhesive. It binds the pad to the pistons so it can't vibrate.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]