Fordmods Logo

Hydrualic Clutch In a EB?? Anyone done it?? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

I believe there is more "feel" with a cable than hydraulic setup.
Example, on a sports motorbike the clutches are cable, and on tourer types they have a hydraulic clutch.
I had 2 bikes, one cable, one hyd, and i could launch better with cable, coz it had "feel" where the hyd. can't feel, harder to launch.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

cjh wrote:
I believe there is more "feel" with a cable than hydraulic setup.
Example, on a sports motorbike the clutches are cable, and on tourer types they have a hydraulic clutch.
I had 2 bikes, one cable, one hyd, and i could launch better with cable, coz it had "feel" where the hyd. can't feel, harder to launch.

once you learn your car with the hydralic one its going to be just as easy to launch... and you'll have a lighter pedal

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
cjh wrote:
I believe there is more "feel" with a cable than hydraulic setup.
Example, on a sports motorbike the clutches are cable, and on tourer types they have a hydraulic clutch.
I had 2 bikes, one cable, one hyd, and i could launch better with cable, coz it had "feel" where the hyd. can't feel, harder to launch.

once you learn your car with the hydralic one its going to be just as easy to launch... and you'll have a lighter pedal


OK, you have a hyd setup, then you put in a heavy duty/racing clutch, it is going to be harder to push that pedal in.
Example, stock V8 XY falcon 4sp, then put in a GTHO spec clutch, its sh!tloads heavier, and they were hyd.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 15

Joined: 23rd Dec 2007

Location: syd
NSW, Australia

as soon as i find there no. will pm to you,these blokes do hyd.all day.i have to see them about a new rack :oops: .
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

dj33 wrote:
as soon as i find there no. will pm to you,these blokes do hyd.all day.i have to see them about a new rack :oops: .


I dont know if your taking the piss mate, but if you are serious throw a number up

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:13 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names