Post subject: I need some safety
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hey all,

Just on the topic of doing up my EA on the engine, for a around 145 rwkw. Just wondering what non-engine upgrades would be needed for safety reasons. I know the brakes would have to upgraded but don't know much about suspension and axels etc. My friend said if those things weren't changed, they would likely pack up. Can anyone give me a list or something of general necessities (non-engine) that would need to be carried out.

Cheers

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

if your only looking to get 145rwkw then your prob only doing cam and head work, the car will be fine.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

The EA isn't the safest of things to start with It's main positive being the shear ammount of metal between you and the tree your about to hit.

But considering your aiming for 50% more power at the wheels than stock I would say make sure you have good tyres first (16" 17"??). Then think about a good set of brake pads (about $200) if you want to spend more then slotted rotors all round at the same time ($700).

Good shocks and/or a lowering package will also help ($800) alot. Infact I would reccomend them first particuarly if the EA is still on its originals. The rest of your car should take the punishment without too much problem but remember everything will wear out faster. Perhaps a tailshaft loop but I have never heard of tailshafts breaking.

Good luck.

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

On a 145kw EA? Nothing is really needed if you drive it with respect. Dont push it to the limit, and it will be fine as is. Doing a 110 with 100kw, or 145kw makes no difference, so if you're not doing track work, or always under acceleration/speeding bigger brakes aren't a huge issue.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Sorry, my computer was screwed for a few days. thanks for the replies peeps.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]