Fordmods Logo

k-mac camber kit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: k-mac camber kit
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hi all, When fitting a kmac camber kit do I use factory shims when bolting it up to the body or just bolt it straight up no shims required? It's for an eb I can't find any instruction on how to fit the kit anywhere. I'm thinking it would need at least 1 shim per side between the kit and body to ensure it sits flush? If anyone knows any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Post subject: Re: k-mac camber kit
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Fit the camber kit, (assume that you have fitted lowered springs) then get a wheel alignment. You won't know what shims you will need to get it right.

I would fit the same amount of shims that are there already and get it straight down for an alignment.

Post subject: Re: k-mac camber kit
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Thanks SWC! Not too sure what shims went where but I got 2 in the passenger and none in the drivers side, pretty sure the drivers side never had any. I almost got it driving now just need to do a backyard wheel alignment and I should be on my way! I put one of the shocks in backwards aka inside out (the abs bracket is facing towards the rear of the car not the front as it should), I couldn't get it to fit the proper way, I don't have ABS so it didn't matter but could this be a problem?

I'm going to jack it down after the alignment I guess I'll know if they can be fitted backwards soon enough!!! I fitted new springs, bearings a reco steering rack along with the camber kit :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]