King Springs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: King Springs
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:38 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Futura ED

NSW, Australia

Hi,

my ed falcon was lowered, and i decided to raise it back up again.

I would like to know how i can confirm the springs are King Springs,? cause im thinking of selling them.

They are yellow in color, but the paint has faided a bit on the rears, the fronts are still pretty bright yellow in color. very minor surface rust on the surface too.

There is no serial imprint on it, as far as i can see, but the rear measure approximately 380mm in height, and the front approx, 340mm in height.

if you could confirm for me please if these are likely to be king springs, and how much they are worth, that will be great!

thanks!

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

If they are yellow then they are very likely going to be king Springs. Standard springs are black, and lovells springs are blue. King Springs usually have the part number "printed" in black on the spring itself, but if you can't find the part number then have a look at the distance between the tyre and the guard. If there was about 10mm, then I'd say they were superlows. If the gap was around 20-35mm, then they would probably be lows. This is just a rough guide though. Price wise, a new set is around $215, so for a second hand set with light rust maybe $70 to $110 or so, but again, just an estimate.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]