Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: KYB shocks, Opinions?
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF xr6 AU3 220kw xr8

VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

I'm looking at some KYB excel G shocks and was looking for peoples personal experiences with KYB shockers. How do the excel G rate to the other shocks that KYB have to offer. Any feed back would be great.

Cheer Joel.

Post subject: Re: KYB shocks, Opinions?
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

Had KYB gas shocks (white) all round on my EF XR6 wagon. The difference was amazing - great turn-in and control, cornered like it was on rails, and stopped a lot shorter because it doesn't dive under braking. Ride was hard but OK with the factory 15" mags, but felt a bit too harsh for me when I upgraded to the factory 16" alloys. Now I'm on 17" FTRs, which hasn't helped the ride. But ride is a personal thing. Mine is a "family car", so I'm not looking for absolute performance at the expense of comfort.

I replaced the KYBs in the rear with a pair of Koni reds I picked up at a great price, and I much prefer them. The control is still great, but not harsh at all. I'm looking for a pair of Konis for the front now, but am not prepared to pay $700-800 for two shocks (cheapskate :D )

The KYB adjustables might give you the best of both worlds, as you can probably tune them to whatever balance of ride/control you want. KYBs have been good quality shocks in my experience ( I had another set of KYB whites on a previous car).

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]