Fordmods Logo

LOW SPEED JERKINESS AFTER MANUAL CONVERSION 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: LOW SPEED JERKINESS AFTER MANUAL CONVERSION
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:58 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

ok everyone just as an update ive spoken to Jason at T I Performance and got him to make me up a stage 2 j3 for the mods I have. he has also advised me to install an el ecu which I have.

the chips seems to fixed a bit of the jerkiness I was experiencing but not all which is ok as it was going to be a gamble anyway, on the plus side, the chip has made it so much more drivable, power above about 3500-redline feels about the same by the seat of the pants but low down and midrange in 1000 times better, so much smoother at idle and taking off, better throttle response, doesn't fuel up when idling around and hasn't stalled since.

without doing to much more butt kissing I just want to highly recommend Jason and his chips for anyone with a modded e-series especially if you have a larger than stock cam

if I could go back again I probably would of kept the auto and with the money it cost me to put in the t5 (new clutch etc) I would get the lsd rebuilt with 3.9:1 gears instead

but overall im pretty happy, its still much better to drive than when I had it stock standard.

thanks everyone

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Post subject: Re: LOW SPEED JERKINESS AFTER MANUAL CONVERSION
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hi everyone. So a bit of an update.

Since work shuts down for a couple of weeks over the xmas break ive decided to use the time to try and fix the ed once and for all. If i can't fix it il either put the auto back in or il just sell the car its annoying me that much.

So ive tried to give it a decent drive to pinpoint exactly whats going on.so ive found if im doing 40kmh in 2nd gear around 2000rpm and feed it the throttle very very slightly you actually feel the motor stumbling around but if you use medium to wot it seems ok.

So i chucked the timing light on it just in the shed held the revs at a steady 2000rpm and found the timing actually fluctuates around 5 or so degrees in either direction

So now im wondering could it possible be a shagged aux shaft gear? Ive never had the dissy out of it before but who know if its ever been replaced before i got it

Any other suggestions

Thanks

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2